icon

2003 dodge ram 2500 alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tanker300 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
I know there is someone that knows the answer. I am sure a relay is involved to power up my A/C on the steering colum but I do not no which one, I really do not want to keep screwing with it and blow my air bag or something guys, please healp.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  
tanker300 wrote:

I have 2 wire left , 1 of which I need for my A/C to operate during remote start up, and it goes like this as instructions states: Brown Wire: Second ignition Output(+) The brown wire provides +12 volts for a second ignition wire. This  wire may instead be programmed for use as a second accessory  or second starter wire.

You should not have this wire left over. You are supposed to have hooked this wire to the second ignition wire. Failure to hook this wire up could damage your transmission.
Second Ignition: red or RED / wht (+) ignition harness
tanker300 wrote:

Orange Wire: Accessory Output(+)  Connect to accessory wire coming from the ignition switch that supplies power to A/C-Heater.

Accessory: green & orange (+) ignition harness
tanker300 wrote:

Now I have tested the orange wire in remote star and no power comes out, Does this mean I need a relay to supply the 12 volts or does the brown wire play a role in powering up the orange or how do I get my A/C to run during remote start up.

This should be supplying +12volts while remote started. If not then you have a problem with your unit. You will not need a relay for this connection.
tanker300 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you  iskidoo
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
tanker300 wrote:
I know there is someone that knows the answer. I am sure a relay is involved to power up my A/C on the steering colum but I do not no which one, I really do not want to keep screwing with it and blow my air bag or something guys, please healp.
Where you able to locate the Accessory wire? There might be Two Accessory wire. Accessory 1 and Accessory 2. You will only need to hook up the Orange wire from the remote starter unit to the Accessory 1 wire of your vehicle. You do not need a relay. You will not blow up any airbag if you are not poking at wire that has a yellow loom around it. Yellow loom around the wires are most likely the air bag wires.
Your Brown wire on the remote starter unit is set to default for Second Ignition. You can connect the Brown wire to the Second Ignition wire of your vehicle. You won't need 2nd Ignition if you live in region where the climate never hit's 0 degrees. Otherwise you may use this wire as a Second Accessory wire. If you are using the Brown wire for 2nd Accessory you will need to program it for 2nd Accessory. The instruction for setting it is located on page 23 of your installation manual . It will not effect the remote start. So try powering up the 2nd Accessory. It might be what is require for turning on your AC. I live in Canada, I am only concern with powering up the heater so I really don't pay much attention to what wire is require to turn the AC on so I cannot tell you off hand. Anyways, the basic is there. So it just a matter of trial. Post your result when you are done.
As for damaging the transmission for not connecting the 2nd ignition wire. That applies to GM vehicle.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.2003 dodge ram 2500 alarm/remote start - Page 5 -- posted image.
tanker300 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
I have looked up and down ignition harness. No ORANGE / green wire to be found
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
Which is why you have to test every wire at the ignitions harness!
The wiring diagram are only correct when a professional installer reads it and not meant for DIY and weekend installer using it.
TEST ALL YOUR WIRE AGAIN AT THE IGNITION HARNESS. It will behave like the note listed below. Just pretend that the wires are absent off all color. Hopefully that will help you find the correct wire.
ACCESSORY
This wire will test with the key switch in the accessory and run position, but never in the start position.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.2003 dodge ram 2500 alarm/remote start - Page 5 -- posted image.
tanker300 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  

No more do it myself after this, my normal installer who does our cars and security has been pretty busy this time of year and I just thought well it can't be that tough. I always recommend professionals and I really do thank you guys for helping me. Now I did acually hook the acc(+) wire to the main ignition harness one by one and the only thing I got was the defrost on the 1 of 3 BIG wires (green) the other BIG wires are blue and pink/blk.

There are some smaller wires on another loom but I figured it is the air bag or ?. But I would think if you use one of the wires the whole Acc/Heat ect should work. Not just the defrost

tanker300 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
I hooked to my big green blower motor wire in the ignition harness with the orange (+)just for blower motor to kick on, now I have that brown wire. I have a separete a/c button you push when you want a/c. It does not work when in remote start, do I get this wire and aplly my (+) brown to it?
tanker300 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
Problem resoved, Thank you found a/c wire.
tanker300 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  

Now with remote start in action with no ill effects my last and final task is the engine kill relay.

How do you wire the relay without popping a fuse.nI know how to wire up rely w/diode but where do I place the 2 starter wires on ignition switch wire. Do I go above the remote start wire or both below. If the alarm is set and you remote start how would it work

Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic