icon

1st Alarm Install Compustar in Cavalier

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ryan2004 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2005 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, could you be more specific please?  On the alarm it doesnt just say (-) trigger wire.  I have my (-) door trigger diode isolated to the driver side door trigger and passenger side door trigger if thats what your talking about.  Also when you say it requires relays can you point me to the right diagram to use or the name of how the relays are set up so i can find it.  Also can somebody show me what a Posive Pulse Door Lock Diagram looks like?  I have been searching on this site and yahoo with no luck.  Thanks for all the help so far.
12"Adire Brahma, JBL 1200.1, Knukonceptz wiring,CDT components
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
diagram
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.1st Alarm Install Compustar in Cavalier - Page 2 -- posted image.
Velocity Motors 
Moderator - Posts: 12,488
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Fabrication. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2005 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  
ryan2004 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2005 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
I hooked my door locks up on my alarm today so i can have factory keyless entry.  I had to wire it as Reversal rest at ground.  I had it working earlier.  But i had to hide my wires and cut them to size.  When I hooked things back up to the relay i think i might of hooked it up wrong so i redid everythign.  Well now only the unlock works with my alarm and not the lock.  I've doubled checked all the wiring and put in new relays.  It works fine when i use my remote for the factory keyless entry.  Could i of fried my lock output on my alarm?
ryan2004 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2005 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  

I just went out side to see what the wires were reading on the relay.  On the lock relay  87,86, and 85 show 12 volts and when i hit lock 85 jumps up a little in volts from 11....V to 12...V.  On the unlock relay 87,86, and 85 show 12v.  When i hit unlock 86 goes from 12v to 0 then back up. 

ryan2004 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2005 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

Its fried cuz the unlock gets 12v when i get the unlock button and the lock does nothing.  Is there another wire i can use for the lock?  Also if i diode isolate the unlock and lock will that prevent the output from frying out?  Which direction do i put the diode in?

Thanks guys

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic