icon

LED's on motorcycle

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2_wheeled_slave 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
I'm trying to finish it up. I've had to work a lot lately, so time is limited, plus I had to wait on my LED's (went the eBay route). I've installed the LED's inside one of my fairings, but still have to do the other side, and then I'll have to wire up the relays. Hopefully it'll be done by the end of next weekend or sooner.
2_wheeled_slave 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
So will I wire my "always hot" wire to the switch and then to the #30 connector?
maglin 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
... heh.
i might default to another guy here. i always ran a separate wire for the switch that 'activates' the relay... then a second wire to the 30 pole on teh relay. ... personally. i'd fuse the switch and the relay, but i'm anal like that. lol.
~~Vinn
*not sure if that helped*
hotwaterwizard 
Silver - Posts: 1,350
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  

Fuses are good Circuit Breakers are good too.

I hate it when the fuse blows and you have to go buy another one.

I use circuit breakers whenever I can.

LED's on motorcycle - Page 2 -- posted image.

John DeRosa (Hotwaterwizard)
Stockton California
When in doubt, try it out !
2_wheeled_slave 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2005 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I connected it up like maglin originally said, and it worked! I'm pretty psyched about it. I'm far from having it finish and installed, it was just a test run. I'll have to give some real consideration in used a fuse or circuit breaker.
Thanks for the help everyone, I'll post some pics when I have it completely finished.
2_wheeled_slave 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2005 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I finally have one side done, and it looks great and works just like it should. Can't thank you guys enough. I'm tired, so I'll have to take some pics later, when I have it all completely done.
Side note: I didn'/haven't put a fuse in there just yet. How likely would it be that I could burn out my 1A relay? I'm still thinking of putting one in, but do I really need one?
maglin 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2005 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
never hurts man. never hurts. put an inline fuse if you don't want to add a fuseblock. 2 bucks at a autoparts place, and relatively reliable, doesn't take up much space. Doesn't use bladed fuses but them cylinder doo-dads.
*glad as hell his advice was on the money* lol. perhaps i'm not as newb as i thought i was.
~~Vinn
2_wheeled_slave 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2005 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
Tonight I tried doing the other side, and for some reason, it now flashes between red and amber. In other words, the red doesn't stay off between the "down time" of the turn signals. As far as I can tell, I did it the same way (I think), and I'm at a total loss.
Can you think of any obvious reason why it would be doing this?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic