icon

99 VW Beetle security install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrsparky637 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
I was installing a remote start, alarm, keyless entryon my 99 Beetle. Will I be able to integrate with myfactory keyless entry and trunk pop, so I can just usethe security system remotes?
Thank You
mrsparky637
mrsparky637 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
mrsparky637 wrote:
I was installing a remote start, alarm, keyless entryon my 99 Beetle. Will I be able to integrate with myfactory keyless entry and trunk pop, so I can just usethe security system remotes?
Thank You
Will I need any additional equipment(relays,etc.) or should I be able to just hook into factory wiring?
Thanks Again
mrsparky637
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
Dunno..... what kind of system are you putting into the car? You won't need any relays if you're using a DEI product. You will need a couple 6A diodes to isolate the parking lights. You will also need a few 1A diodes to isolate the doorpins from each other, possibly your re lock after crank, maybe your disarm and arm from the lock and unlock. Hard to say. Whatever you do..... don't be playing around looking for stuff at the instrument cluster. Nothing you need is found there. Turning the key on with one of the connectors unplugged, or even not using a decent meter may cause issues on the instrument cluster (I haven't done it personally..... do know a few techs that have).
Doorpins are independent, and are located in each door. You can't get a decent door trigger at the CCM. There is only one ignition, and one accessory.
Not the easiest car to do, but not that bad. We do a lot of VW's here, and my last 3 cars have been VW, so I have a pretty good understanding of how these cars work. (over thought at the time of design, not too bad to work on, once you take half of the car apart to get at anything)
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
The only thing about using the dome light output of the CCM (Comfort convenience module) is that it will probably set the aftermarket alarm off when you remote start it....
Most remote starts out there don't shut off the instant zones when remote start is active, they just ignore the shock and ignition. To disarm the factory security you need to pulse the unlock wire, which also pops the dome light on. Of course, the factory security also arms when the door is locked. Pulling into each door and grabbing the BROWN / white at either the light at the back of the door panel or in the harness that comes from the latch assembly (smae harness you are getting the dorr lock wires in). You're already going in there for locks, you may as well pull in one more wire for the door trigger.
Gus
mrsparky637 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks to everyone who answered my post. The system I was going to install was a galaxy 5000-rs-2w-m.
Will I be able to get to the ECM and CCM to use them for some of my connections or where should I access them? One more thing, when I hook into the
hand brake do I hook into the brn / YELLOW feeding the parking brake? I appreciate your help. I just want to
know any problems before I get started.
Thanks again
mrsparky637
mrsparky637 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2005 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
I am going to install this system on my beetle. Will it
work ok or are there things I need to know or have before I begin installation?
Thanks
mrsparky637
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2005 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
Your going to need a transponder bypass. http://directechs.com/techtips/pdfs/resources/security/directed_techtips/1056.pdf
Here is the wiring info if you need it.
http://directechs.com/directwire/wire_body.asp?action=select&yr=2828&product=Remote%20Start
Does your beetle have a manual transmission?
You can grab your door pins, hood pin and trunk pin at the theft module to the left of the steering column.
Steve G
gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2005 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
99 Beetle shouldn't have an RFID key. Is it a switchblade style key with built in remote or is it a non switchblade key with a key shaped remote for the doorlocks?
Still more reliable to go to each door for doorpins..... you're going in there for doorlocks/disarm/rearm anyways.
Gus
mrsparky637 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2005 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  
No, it doesnt have a transponder for an immobilizer. I had a plain old key cut and it works everything just
fine.
99 VW Beetle security install -- posted image.
mrsparky637
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic