icon

99 VW Beetle security install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrsparky637 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2005 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  
I need to find the tach wire for remote start install.It doen't seem to be the wire they said in the blue plugin the alarm module (BROWN / green). I was thinking ofdrilling a hole above the throttle cable to access theengine compartment. Would this be ok? Do you know of abetter way to access engine compartment? Which wire should I hook to on the fuel injector? Where should I hook my auxiliary 1 and trunk pop wires coming from my unit to on the car? There was no relay listed for themin wiring diagrams of my car's wire colors.
Thank You
This is on a 1999 VW Beetle, 2.0, manual trans
mrsparky637
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 30, 2005 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

Tach SignalGRN/ORG OR GRN/YELAT IGNITION COIL *

* Alternate Tach Signal- WHITE Or BLUE Or GRAY At Engine Speed Sensor left Rear Of Engine Compartment.

Trunk ReleaseBROWN / VIOLET (+)AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
mrsparky637 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2005 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
99 VW Beetle security install - Page 2 -- posted image. Sounds good to me! Thanks for the info.
mrsparky637
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2005 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
mrsparky637 wrote:
I was thinking of drilling a hole above the throttle cable to access the engine compartment. Would this be ok? Do you know of a better way to access engine compartment?
If you can find a bundle of wires or a cable running through the firewall that has a rubber surround, you can punch through that with a screwdriver. Then you will already have rubber surrounding your wire. If you drill a new hole, make sure you put a rubber grommet through the hole so your wire doesn't wear against the metal and then touch the body. That will prevent problems down the road.
Steve G
mrsparky637 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2005 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info on the 99 Beetle. That tach wireworked great. I have two more questions and I will letyou go. I have a wire that is feeding the trunk pop. I bought a relay to wire it in. I couldn't find the BROWN / purple wire for trunk pop. I do I need to hook upmy (-)negative alarm output to relay to make the trunk work? I need the door pin colors. I found the one BROWN / yellow for the negative side, but I need the wirefor positve side. Can you help me please?
Thanks for your help99 VW Beetle security install - Page 2 -- posted image.
mrsparky637
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 31, 2005 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  

Yes...hook up the Trunk ( - ) Output from alarm to Relay

also:

BROWN / YELLOW Wire Turns On Domelight After Ignition Is Turned Off. Alternate Door Trigger:

TAN/WHITE (-) In Each Door Operates Door Lights Only And Must Be Diode Isolated.

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
mrsparky637 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2005 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help, but I still have a problem. I got the trunk pop working just fine. The door locks were working fine, but now they dont want to work all the time. My system (Galaxy 5000RS-2W-M)has you to put car in neutral, set park brake,and then push remote start
button to set up for remote start. It will then flash lights twice to indicate that it is ready. I did all of that and the lights flashed. I opened the door and the motor cut off like its supposed to. I waited a little while and hit the start button. The dash lights came on but the starter never engaged. It cut off and then they
came on two more times, but it didnt try to start each time. I believe I am gettin close. Does anybody have any ideas what it going on?
Thanks for your help!!99 VW Beetle security install - Page 2 -- posted image.
mrsparky637
mrsparky637 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2005 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
I have everything working on my remote start, except getting by the clutch. If I set up for remote start and
stay in the car and hold the clutch in the car will start just fine. How do I get past the clutch switch, so
car will remote start?
Thanks
99 VW Beetle, 2.0, 5-speed, Manual transmission
mrsparky637
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic