icon

pop trunk selonoid, anyone

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joelr7309 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2002 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

I need some help on a installation on pop trunk solinoid,  solinoid has two wires one green and black.  I'm not using  the DEI 508t switch,,  I have a 550esp and the wire says RED / white give a (-)neg 200 ma, channel 2.   It tells me to use  a relay, I did what it said and didn't work,

87  (+) 12v if (+) swirched and (-) ground if (-) switched      

30  Switched trunk release wire

85  (  H1/12  RED / White )  550esp

86  (+) 12v Constant Fused

Tried testing both the solinoid and relay, they both click when powered up. Does any one have a diagram of how to put this together, where the the green and black wire go from the solinoidpop trunk selonoid,  anyone  -- posted image. diagram would be nice

the rookie!~
bluescreen1 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2002 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

the black wire on the solenoid goes to ground; the green wire goes to pin 30; pin 87 goes to +12 volts fused !!; jump pin 86 to pin 87; and pin 85 goes to the RED / white wire from your alarm. if for some reason the solenoid "pushes" instead of  "pulling" then reverse the green and black wire

Ruben
Innovative Sounds
Phila., Pa.
joelr7309 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2002 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  

Okay I'll try tomorrow~  THANK YOU

the rookie!~
joelr7309 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2002 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  

where does

86 go where?   to the 12 volt or just jumper to 87

85 RED / white

86+87 or 87a   jumpered

30  green solinoid

the rookie!~
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2002 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  

Ok here are the basics of Relays really quick. (If you want a more in depth tutorial, click the link on the top left of the page that reads '"Relays").  85 and 86 energize the coil. So if your trunk output from your alarm is negative, then hook it up to either 85 or 86 and hook up the other one to +12v.  30 and 87a are connected when the relay coil is NOT energized, so if you hook pin 30 up to your green solenoid wire, then 87a gets nothing and 87 gets +12v since that is what you need to activate your solenoid.

pop trunk selonoid,  anyone  -- posted image.

J Rilla
Owner/Installer
joelr7309 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2002 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  

okay I tried everything the whole day today, but no luck.  I'm doing something wrong here,   I'm getting confused from what the hell this means,  Solinoid has two wires green, and black,   now  lets go to the relay

85 - trunk release wire from unit

86 - 12V Fused

87 - trunk silenoid

30 - + or - to activate trunk

87a - not used           -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------85  what is the trunk release wire from unit,    RED / white on the 550esp   (-)neg 200

87   what is the  trunnk silenoid, green wire from the solinoid

30  -+  to activate trunk, what is that the black wire to the solinoid

I've tried every diagram, not sure if the relay is the wrong one  or I'm  not getting a 200ma (-) neg signal from the alarm?

the rookie!~
bluescreen1 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2002 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
Dude it's not that hard!!!! just listen to what I or JRILLA said. simple way to check if your output  is not  working, just disconnect the output wire of the alarm from the relay and GROUND the pin that you just disconnected the wire from. If the solenoid  WORKS  then it's the output of the alarm. Check that with a multimeter
Ruben
Innovative Sounds
Phila., Pa.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.commandocaralarms.com/trunkrelease.asp

Try this link it gives the complete visual for every type of trunk release.  Since you added your solenoid, you need to follow the diagram for solenoids that require +12v to trigger it. 

J Rilla
Owner/Installer
joelr7309 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2002 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
here goes the right diagram I was looking, Thanks J Rilla, you help alot 

pop trunk selonoid,  anyone  -- posted image.lot

the rookie!~

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic