the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

MTX 22'' Jackhammer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged  

Well, what is the definition of SQ?  I would say the most faithful reproduction of the source material possible.  The Cyclone uses a motor that provides extremely linear BL over it's entire operating range.  This translates to a lot less distortion as compared to standard motor topologies.  Keep in mind that distortions produced by the motor are mostly harmonic in nature, mainly 3rd order (which is also the most unpleasant).  So if a driver was playing a 30 Hz tone at 120 dB with 10% THD (which is being generous), the harmonic distortion it produces would be at 90 Hz with an output of 110 dB which would be extremely audible.   Since the Cyclone doesn't suffer from this, I would say it is one heck of an SQ sub.  It just doesn't have quite the bandwidth that other subs have.  But it plays it's limited band of frequencies superbly. MTX 22'' Jackhammer - Page 4 -- posted image.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

fr33w0rld 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
man u have to do it up...get like 4 ma audio 802sx amps and u could just play the sub and make the car move...most ppl think i ma insane with 2  18;s in my 99 civic si sedan...and my suspension sits low with that in it..then agin i can push a good 160 db
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
160db???? in a coupe????    What mic system are you basing this off of?    If your doing 160db in a trunk car you need to start running at some shows because that would shatter some world records.   Who would have known...I thought the 149.9 db that we are doing in a trunk car was nice.       
And yes the vehicle is ranked #1 in HER class in the state and #9 in the US right now in USACi.    You canada boys need to start running at some USACi shows there are Canadian records on the USACi site and they need to be improved on!     www.soundoff.org
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
jeffchilcott 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
Ohhh yea, before I went off on one of my Fits again about insane scores, I was going to post that if anyone missed Pimp My Ride, You can see some of the highlights with the jackhammer in it here!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/MTX/jackhammer.1.wmv
2007 World Record
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
Na, it's just a Candian micMTX 22'' Jackhammer - Page 4 -- posted image.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, you have to multiple Canadian scores by 0.74 to get American equivalent.  160 Canadian = 118.4 American.  MTX 22'' Jackhammer - Page 4 -- posted image.
Support the12volt.com
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
Did you see those digital caps reading 11 some odd volts? Good install, where's the alternator, big dog?
jeffchilcott 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
Canadian Mics???   Sounds like a pitiful excuse not to go to a USACi Show or DBdrag show.      
I have started to learn people are just going to flap thier gums as much as they can.     
But when they come by and I ask if they want to put my Term-Lab Meter in there car, they either say no....or say ok, and then cant figure out why they just did a 132db when there friend with (2) Legacy 15's and a Pramyid 5000 Watt amp is doing 1465DB's in legal position and he ran at a show and won 1 MILLION DOLLARS!
Ok Im done for now
2007 World Record
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  

Getting back on topic, here's a shot of the gigantic MTX woofer.  Reminds me of a monster truck...

MTX 22'' Jackhammer - Page 4 -- posted image.

Support the12volt.com
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
I have never seen PMR before... living under a rock, I guess... but after watching THAT, I don't think I *ever* WANT to see it. All I can say is: "There's 5 minutes of my life I'll NEVER get back"...
If I never click another link to a PMR webpage or PMR content, it'll be a week too soon, and God forgive me if I happen to land on the channel while it's playing...
"Lame, Lame, LAME!!!" >Syndrome, The Incredibles...
Also, 130dB... with 6kW of power?!?! What's wrong with THIS picture? I can get 130dB with one Eclipse Ti 12, and a third the power. And I still have a trunk, and back seats... In my CIVIC!!! I think this woofer is compensation for something... Using the trunk as an enclosure? How many OTHER things are wrong with this story? Alternator? Old style caps? Buick CENTURY!?! They just QUADRUPLED the value of the car, with the woofer alone! "Weak, man... Weak." >Cartman, South Park
Ok, I'm done... Flame away! Don't care...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic