icon

Getting physical

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customcarchris 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
Just drill holes in the bottom of your car and bolt the thing down if you're worried. If you get in a wreck and the box breaks, then the bottom will stay still, but the rest of it will crack you in the head. If you're that sure you're going to get in a wreck and kill yourself with your box, either take it out or ride your bike.
NicP 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 4:56 AM / IP Logged  
mines bolted through the chassis :D, i dont see it coming free and breaking through 2 lots of seats no matter how big an accident
dc60531 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 5:14 AM / IP Logged  

customcarchris wrote:
Just drill holes in the bottom of your car and bolt the thing down if you're worried. If you get in a wreck and the box breaks, then the bottom will stay still, but the rest of it will crack you in the head. If you're that sure you're going to get in a wreck and kill yourself with your box, either take it out or ride your bike.

I have to agree with this thinking because for one if you get in that bad of a wreck that the box will come thru the back seat and in to your seat then I wouldn't  want to live. If someone hits you from behind at lets say 45 mph I dont think you to worry about the box. I would worry about going thru the windshield or hitting my head on the steering wheel.

6061dyson 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  
Well u see over here we drive a little faster than 55mph oh your "highways" lol. And i got Air bags that work n don't severe your head off and of COURSE i where seatbelts! Im gonna be fine!
Its nice to know some of you guys are acknowledging safety without letting your egos get in the way.
Lets not get sarcastic please ! I just wanna know your methods! Thanks for u guys giving out advice Getting physical - Page 2 -- posted image.
Brackets bolted down seem to be da thing. Am thinking something like a quick relase skewer like bolts now.... hmmm
soundmasta 
Silver - Posts: 246
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
don't crash. there. problem solved.
6061dyson 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
Bravo!
WHy take the time out to make such useless comments?
I suppose ya philosophy on sex: babies and sti's is the same isn't it? Just don't have sex yeh?
Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
Um, I actually look at it this way.... My box fits fairly tightly into my trunk. Infact it wedges in between my tension bars. Between the weight(something like 100/+ easily) and the force holding it between them, I'd *love* to see it get through my back seats. Especially since the opening to the trunk is smaller than the box. Now if it was that big, I would probably just bolt down if I really was worried. In a wreck I'd be more concerned about the 1200 amp on the back of my back seats. Or the life expectancy of the person that caused it(I have anger management problems.)
1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
I know that if a wreak is bad enough to break my 8 12's lose, I not worried about the subs, but the grap that's wreaking into me.
Big Dave
customcarchris 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  

6061dyson wrote:
Its nice to know some of you guys are acknowledging safety without letting your egos get in the way.
Lets not get sarcastic please ! I just wanna know your methods! Thanks for u guys giving out advice Getting physical - Page 2 -- posted image. 

Put your box in and build a 1 inch thick cast-iron frame around it, then weld this to the frame, supports, and rear end of the car.  Fill the unused space of your trunk with expanding foam and stuff three mattresses in your back seat.  This should keep that damn box from smacking you in the head, now only if you could do something about that 4 ton truck that just hit you which caused the box to move.

6061dyson 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
ur humour seems to have taken a battering from something far worse than what can hit u on the streets. Stop wasting my time, do something constructive in yours like in a different direction to me?
THis is an ADVICE FORUM, not a toilet door of BITCHING
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic