icon

Getting physical

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customcarchris 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  

Here's some advice, learn how to speak English, that would also be constructive.

I was never bitching, I was being sarcastic because you obviously don't understand what you need to do.  Bolt the mother fooker down and you'll be done.  You want more answers and that's all their is, what else do you want?

Quick release?  Just use hinges with a pin in them, one on each side.  Bolt one end of the hinge to the floor, the other on the box, slide the pin in, and it will stay.  Pull the pin and your box comes out easily.

Now I'm sure you want 353,241 different ways to do this too, so you will reply with a post of your own bitching that is shhhty English complaining this wasn't good enough and don't be sarcastic and stop bitching even though you are the one who has done the most bitching and this was your thread.

If you don't like what people tell you, then don't ask, this is an ADVICE FORUM, remember?  That means take their advice or leave it, but don't go bitching if you can't figure out what to do because you don't understand it.

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
All I wanna know is who was the beheaded silent actor?
6061dyson 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
Lol, yes Chris, i notice your a YANK, your english is much better than an English Language A level, taught of course in ENGLAND. Learn how to *speak* english? WHat are u hearing my words! This is where your going wrong, someone has to read this to you, and then u have to remember it. Thats why uve only noticed my comment on how i need it to be quickly released now.... ahh its ok   
boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  

Silent actor was Tom Mix, did westerns until movies got sound, then the public heard his "girlie voice" and his career was scuttled from then on as I understand it.  Being dead didn't help either.

http://www.who2.com/tommix.html 

Even better - http://www.roadsideamerica.com/set/CELtommix.html

NicP 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
Your post is somewhat ironic, not only is it poor english but it IS bitching, sorry to be picky and everything
You have remember that the forums are a privledge not a right. Be nice about the answers that you do get, and dont get insulted when someone makes a joke, theres nothing wrong with a sense of humor every now and then
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  

I agree, if no one was answering your post at all, you'd be bitching about that, too, but anyway...

Using a hinge sounds like a good way to go, like a door hinge (or 2 or 3), but if you are planning for the worst, even this won't help you. The force that you would get hit with would surely just rip the screws/bolts from the hinges out of the wood of the box and you'd still have a flying projectile on your hands (or head, as the case may be). A "quick-release" doesn't sound like it's in the cards for you. Sorry. Welding some extra supports to the car to block the box from coming thru the cabin would be your best bet. I'm sure that's not what you want to hear, but that's the reality of the situation as I see it...

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  

I think the hinges would work fine for anything but catastrophic collisions.  You're dealing with static vs kinetic forces - so long as the box is reasonable attached to the vehicle it should be fine.  where you'd have to worry is if it became airborne at say 90kph while the vehicle has stopped into a phone pole.  If you can keep that from ever happening your attachments needn't be so overbuilt.

And I agree with the earlier posts - if you're going to post something, at least hit the spell-check button rather than posting something that looks like a freakin' text message from your phone.  Consider it respect for those who have to figure out what you're typing.  And if you're gonna flame people, go back to the chat rooms.

speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
just bolt it down and don't worry about it. like I said before, if the wreak is that bad the box is the least of your worries. If I was that worried about a crash I'd take the bus, or maybe get a tank.
Big Dave
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  

Important things to consider about mounting boxes 101, by Rob.

A box that vibrates around is losing output in the form of sound.

A box that is vibrating around will indeed come loose.

Drywall screws and backstraps do not constitute a good mount.

Rope and chains do not constitute a good mount.

A box that is loose can indeed come through a seat with deadly force.

A box that is loose can also fly right through a rear window or open trunk , make like a kite and promptly launch through your front / side / rear windows. So you don't infact need to be in the accident to become part of one.

Hinges as nice as the idea is and can securely mount, will still allow the box to move and vibrate therfor losing output in the form of sound.

I can think of more but we'll leave it at that for now.

A properly mounted box is one that will not move at all and will infactshake the car when you shake the box. It is mounted on more than once surface ideally. It is done using bolts or aluminum / steel bracketing if possible. It should be next to impossible to steal at the same time.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic