icon

Bypass lockout on AVIC-N2, AVIC-D1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  

Lost in this thread? You must really need navigation because its in the first post:  here ya go

AVIC-D1 lockout bypass:  Find an extra Pioneer wire harness, and pull one of the wires out.  Or, if you do not use the A.ANT lead, pull that out of the harness.  In the AVIC-D1 harness, there is one open spot on the connector (next to the ground wire). Put the wire into the open spot on the connector, connect the other side to ground, then re-connect the plug to the AVIC-D1. Also, you must ground the Parking Brake wire (or connect to a toggle switch if you feel the need).

Just bought a D1...Forgive me for getting lost in this thread...

I know I cannot watch movies...No need to for me.  Just want to have all the NAV capabilities while driving (maybe my wife uses it while I drive) and also would like not to have try and find the brake wire...Lastly, do I need to connect the reverse (back-up) wire?  I have a good friend that is an electrician.  He'll do the wiring for me.

In short, what is the method for defeating on the D1.

THANKS!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]
dstang24 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2005 at 1:53 AM / IP Logged  
The reverse wire is used for better GPS accuracy... like the speed sensor it communicates with the nav. unit.  This way, the D1 in this case, will know that you are moving backwards and correct the map accordingly.
wacktool 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2005 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I did the pin changout today on the AVIC-D1 and it works.   I know all the previous replies people have been saying "that user has only has 2 posts or 3 posts"  Well Guess what, so do I.   But i have proof, I took live video of the speedometer and the avic-d1 at the same time.    I was on a empty road and all that jazz so dont start any flaming on driving while doing this.  Its about 9.55 meg     http://home.comcast.net/~skuehner/avic-d1.avi

bajaclawz71 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2005 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
wacktool wrote:

Well, I did the pin changout today on the AVIC-D1 and it works.   I know all the previous replies people have been saying "that user has only has 2 posts or 3 posts"  Well Guess what, so do I.   But i have proof, I took live video of the speedometer and the avic-d1 at the same time.    I was on a empty road and all that jazz so dont start any flaming on driving while doing this.  Its about 9.55 meg     http://home.comcast.net/~skuehner/avic-d1.avi

Page URL Not Found!!
The requested page does not exist on this server. The URL you typed or followed is either outdated or inaccurate.
chido 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
I am no professional when it comes to instalations, but I have done a fair share of installing for friends and in my cars. I just got the D1 a few weeks ago before I quit part time work a major retailer for audio (paid $900 for mine brand new with tax, warranty and extended warranty). I was waiting for an installer to put it in for me and bypass the brake with switches, but his spare time was booked and I would have to wait three weeks. So I read the manual cover to cover and came here to get the wire diagram. I ended up doing it myself and I was going to bring it to my installer to get it all verified and bypass the brake. Then I found out that if I give my parking brake "one click" the parking light on the dash comes on and the video will show with no drag on the brakes. Now I don't know what effect this will have on the car but it works. I probably won't use it, I'm too paranooid about getting more tickets. Have traffic court next week for speeding.
jeremyrose 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have a pic of the wiring harness on the D1?  I was looking at the model at my work out of the box and the only open spot was in the top right corner next to the constant (12v+) wire.  Any thoughts?
Ex Circuit City Installer
All MTX system
Alpine 9815
chido 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2005 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
never mind it didn't work. Don't know why I thought it did. Guess I will still have to take it to my installer to get it bypassed. I think the unit was reading the vss as well as the e-brake.
whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2005 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  

You installed the unit yourself and you can't bypass it yourself?  Are you sure?  Just pull the deck, if you are not using one of the other wires in the harness, remove it with a molex tool (or a paper clip or something to get it out.)  Then stick it in the open spot in the harness over by the ground (black.)  Take that wire, the light green wire (has a little plastic tag on it that tells you its the brake wire), and the ground in the harness(its black) and connect them to the ground coming from your car.  Shouldn't take more than a couple minutes

chido wrote:
never mind it didn't work. Don't know why I thought it did. Guess I will still have to take it to my installer to get it bypassed. I think the unit was reading the vss as well as the e-brake.

sexyvic1 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  

real quick question. the double din one.....the d1 i believe, can dvd's be played on this unit or does it not have that option at all?

even if the car is parked with the parking brake?

i am a bit confused because through out the thread it said that there is a dvd-rom and not a actual dvd plyer built in......

can someone please clear this up for me?  i have to do a navigation unit on a car  and i was considering that unit untill i read this.

thanks fellas

wacktool 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, it has to optical drives/slots.   Top slot is for the music disc's  ie.. mp3, cd's, etc...    The bottom/2nd slot is for the dvd navigation discs.   The unit DOES not play dvd movies.    You have to purchase a external unit.

Page of 28

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic