Bypass lockout on AVIC-N2, AVIC-D1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
sexyvic1 wrote:

real quick question. the double din one.....the d1 i believe, can dvd's be played on this unit or does it not have that option at all?

even if the car is parked with the parking brake?

i am a bit confused because through out the thread it said that there is a dvd-rom and not a actual dvd plyer built in......

can someone please clear this up for me? i have to do a navigation unit on a car and i was considering that unit untill i read this.

thanks fellas

No Internal DVD player, I personally have a pioneer SDV-P7
DVD-ROM is for NAV Disc
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
sexyvic1 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
thanks guys :o)
killbert 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2005 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
auex wrote:
trunknuts wrote:

No, the D1 does not have an onboard DVD drive for DVD movies so you would have to use an external DVD player.  

Correct, it only plays dvdrom.

So There's no way to use it's current setup to play DVDs? I heard a kid did it, and I'm interested myself. 

Kill

whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2005 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  

Nope.  That kid must be dreaming of when he gets a car and a stereo

So There's no way to use it's current setup to play DVDs? I heard a kid did it, and I'm interested myself. 

Kill

[/QUOTE]
nstlfrk 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
For every one that is looking for a bypass for the pioneer models AVIC N2 and d1 you dont need one. After install and the unit is set up and navi is programed just put a toggle switch on the VSS wire this is the pink wire also know as speed sense. The memory in the unit will remember every thing in it. Also dont forget to ground the green brake wire. You will still get the message at the begining saying not to veiw just hit ok it will work fine.
Yes this does stop your speedo and g rating from working in the diagnostic display but you are watching a dvd and when you need the display just turn it back on.        Also it does impare your navi (it will try to do every thing by antenna)but like i said just turn it back on when you need the navi option.
leenas 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
I know I'm a newbie but I just tried the D1 bypass trick and it worked for me. Also for those that have an Aviator I started a threat for where to locate the VSS wire... https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=64038&PN=1&tpn=1
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
leenas wrote:
I know I'm a newbie but I just tried the D1 bypass trick and it worked for me. Also for those that have an Aviator I started a threat for where to locate the VSS wire... https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=64038&PN=1&tpn=1
almost all ford trucks have VSS at the radio harness.
speed controlled volume.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
sexyvic1 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  

hello, everyone, i spoke with my friend who works at a local retail store and he said that he did the bypass for the N2 himself for the display unit and it worked. i saw it work too.

but he said he doesn't know how it will react when the car is in motion. he has not tested that because it is a display unit on the wall.

just figured i would add this to let people know that it does not screw up the unit if u solder like someone mentioned a bit ealier in the thread.

jetskiscott2 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
It works!  I had the install guys at a major retailer do exactly as it said in the first post.  The parking brake is grounded and I have a toggle switch hooked up.  This unit is fantastic. 
six2six 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2005 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

Just got my D1. Returned the Eclipse AVN5435 (outdated maps) and got the D1.  Did the bypass and works like a charm.  I also did it on an N2 and the the DVD option is available during movement. 

Page of 28

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic