MTX vs JL vs Alumapro

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  

uthinkuknoaudio wrote:
I disagree with the engineering part of the W7 v. the TC9. I feel the TC9 is better engineered.

The W7 has a flatter BL curve (which = less distortion) than a TC9 driver. A w7 also has higher excursion.

uthinkuknoaudio wrote:
I've seen very few TC9's getting repaired as to when i see W7's always blowing up.

How many people do you know that have TC9 subs? Probably not very many. W7s are much more common and any inexperienced person who walks into a shop can buy one and blow it up by cranking the gain on the amp or putting it in a poorly built/designed enclosure.

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
i've heard those JL subs distort a lot more than my TC9's. I've actually never audibly noticed my TC's distorting.
I know lots of people that own the SoundSplinter RLP's and 2 people i know have the TC9's. They sound better to me and to them than the W7's.
As i stated before, I FEEL the TC9 to be better engineered. Everyone needs to get off of JL's deal so hard.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
Why don't you just get some Nak subs? Nak-u-knoaudio.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
I like Nak subs and all. I just preferred the overall louder SPL with the TC9's. Don't get me wrong, when it comes to SQ in my other little car, the naks sound great. Just in my explorer i'll take advantage of the TC9.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
It was a joke?
parrot 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2005 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  

Uthinkuknoaudio I think it's a little sad that you started this thread just to flame on JL subs. You should have named the thread  " IthinkIknoaudio and I hate JL subs because I can't afford them"  You haven't made 1 valid argument against JL this whole time... I bet you have never owned a W6v2, or a W7. You should open your mind (and your wallet) and try some JL's before ignorance sentences you to a lifetime of inferior SQ in your rides. I find it very ironic that you are a Nakamichi fan and you call anything else overpriced. 

This thread should be bumped and put out of it's misery.

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2005 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  
hey parrot newbie, you don't know crap because you have only been here for 1 day, yeah, 1 day (september 14th 2005) so how can you say i haven't made 1 valid argument when i've been here for nearly a year?
Yes i've owned and sold both w6v2 and w7. They are both not worth the money. I can afford both of them of course, since i bought subs from TC sounds which are costly as well and Nakamichi products. The difference is, they are actually worth their price tag.
Go fly away you stupid bird
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2005 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  

How does one day on a forum have anything to do with how much one knows about car audio? Exactly - nothing!

When Steven Kephardt (sorry if spelling is wrong) joined and posted for the first time, did you say the same thing to him? How about DYohn? or stevdart? Or Teken? (where is Teken these days, anyway?)...

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 16, 2005 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  

Paradigm wrote:
...or stevdart?...

I'm still a hapless newbie.....flame away!  (ye who will dare).  But...I've got a flamethrower that I picked up at customsuburb's garage sale and I assure ye I will use it!  ;)

Yeah, the one that fried all those Bose thingies that were trying to escape from the dumpster...

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2005 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
Once again Paradigm is the voice of reason. Me thinks someone needs to be banned.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic