icon

MTX vs JL vs Alumapro

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, i'm lookin to install 3 12"s in my buddy's Montero. I was wondering which would sound the best and be the loudest given all brands were put in a sealed enclosure and given the recommended power rating.
MTX T7512-44 - MTX 12"
JL W3v2
Alumapro Alchemy MX DVC6
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
hoaxs 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
even then look more into each sub, like voice coil diameter, exersion rate, size of the magent, cone material and price. all this can lead you to a better decsion yourself, and all effect how the sub performs 
Hurry get me a steel hanger, elec tape, zip ties, a monkey and a snorgle. trust me i've ran wires with less
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
i'm interested in others opinions. I have my own, but i don't want to play a factor in that. I want other peoples decisions.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  

hoaxs wrote:
even then look more into each sub, like voice coil diameter, exersion rate, size of the magent, cone material and price. all this can lead you to a better decsion yourself, and all effect how the sub performs 

Sort of.  You have to know how those differences effect the results of the driver.  In other words, "more" is not necessarily better in many of those instances you list.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  

uthinkuknoaudio wrote:
i'm interested in others opinions. I have my own, but i don't want to play a factor in that. I want other peoples decisions.

Ok you want a decision? Go with the MTX's. I own them, like them and abuse them all the time. Those JL's probably aren't going to be quite as loud, but that is just a guess.

hoaxs 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
yeah more isn't necessarily but depends on what your looking for, and i know JL sound real good and thats all i really know about any of those subs
Hurry get me a steel hanger, elec tape, zip ties, a monkey and a snorgle. trust me i've ran wires with less
xtreme069 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2005 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
if you can go to a sound store and ask to listen to the mtx 12 inch 7500 sledghammer box these are prefab boxes made by mtx we run a 5500 in our store and it sounds crazy in all aspects clarity and output good luck
I Love This Industry!!
soundmasta 
Silver - Posts: 246
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2005 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  
i hate jl audio, but i'd be willing to bet they'd out preform the mtx or the alumapro subs.
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2005 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
Just curious, if you " hate " JL Audio why do you recommend them? Did a JL truck run over your wagon when you were a child?
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2005 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
I hate JL Audio with a passion as well. I'm probably going to go Image Dynamics or MTX , whatever he affords. I strongly go against JL (don't ask) but hey, thanks for your opinion.s
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic