icon

Audiobahn Immortal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jettagli03 
Copper - Posts: 311
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2005 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
I am planning on putting two 12" Audiobahn Immortal subwoofers in my car and am wondering if the reccomended 4 cu ft per is what i should be using for them (so 8 altogether) also they are rated at 2000w rms and i have a 1200w rms amp so 600w per -- would that be alright or would i want to get a new and more powerful amp?
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 15, 2005 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, go with the recommendation of 4 ft. per sub...and 600watts per would be more than sufficient to drive them at their fullest.  You know, I'm sure, to brace the box well with that much airspace.  Power higher only if you've experimented with this setup first and are trying to gain a db or two for comp reasons.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Bigsingh 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2005 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
that fine and all but with 600w to each you will get sound but you won't be pushing them hard at all, if you want them to 'work' them. i dont know, stick summit in that will atleast give em 1200w each, so if you can get hold of another amp of similar size or model buy 2. or you could give them the full 2000w each which will be rather costly. i've checked these out on winisd and two can pump around 130 so they will go loud when fully rms'd.  but remember its completely your choiceAudiobahn Immortal -- posted image.
6* Rockford T2's
6* POWER AMPs
BLACK CORRADO
BAANNGGIINN
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2005 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
if you want to run more power and not spend a ton of money for 3000 to 4000 RMS go to www.ikesound.com you could get a pair of MA audio amp that would power those sub ever well there is other amps that you can look into as well
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
jettagli03 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
awesome -- another question... are these some good subs that would pump out some good SPL and SQ (not saying THE BEST but good) beacuse thats what im going for
jettagli03 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
also i have winisd pro but i dont fully understand how to use it... any tips?
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
SPL yes, SQ HELL NO!! none what so ever. Feed them some power and they will pound though.
Jazzy
jettagli03 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
is the SPL good enough to overcome the SQ problem do you know? i want to be able to THUMP but also be able to enjoy the sound it puts out
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
Well, it depends on your definition of SQ. I am running a L7 which most would say is horrible for SQ, but it sounds great to me. So it really just depends on what sounds good to you.
Jazzy
jettagli03 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
right -- are there any subs within a similar price range that would put out more spl and/or sq?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic