icon

Audiobahn Immortal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Bigsingh 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  

XXX re, one has been reviewed by some person and i cant remember who it is but in sealed these babies hit 134.6db look at the possibilities of two in ported. whohooooo 

6* Rockford T2's
6* POWER AMPs
BLACK CORRADO
BAANNGGIINN
jettagli03 
Copper - Posts: 311
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
anyone know where i can find a XXX for a good price?
Bigsingh 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
i dont know but over hear i can get them for £380 so from conversion they look like they are 700 dolas but im sure they are not much more than 450 dollas. hope you can get sum they are killer subs.
6* Rockford T2's
6* POWER AMPs
BLACK CORRADO
BAANNGGIINN
soundmasta 
Silver - Posts: 246
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  

go to www.reaudio.com . cool ass website. in the contacts they have a phone number, just call and order. if there is a dealer in the area, they'll hook you up through there. can't get them on the internet though, so if you do find one, it's probably defective, don't buy it. only buy from their dealers. they cost about $450, and from what i hear, will kill a JL audio W7 ($999). impresive.

i did a system with 3 10 etrenal subs, and they didn't sound bad. rand about 400 watts each. not real loud, but it did sound ok.

as for power for your subs,  600 watts will be enough to start with, although i would have your local car audio shop build a ported box to put them in.  going this way will be alot easier because you won't have any charging system problems, and the ported box will give you more output for your power. you might as well stick with the subs you have now, because you have them, and once you hear them you might like them alot.  

jettagli03 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
the subs i have are fried lol i'm debating now on 3 Earthquake Subzero 12's, 3 Boston 12's, or 3 Eclipse 12's... mainly because i can get them for a good price... any a lot better than the others? or anything else i should take into consideration that wouldnt cost too much but would put out good bass?
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
soundmasta wrote:

they cost about $450, and from what i hear, will kill a JL audio W7 ($999).

Kill? As in how? SPL? SQ? Price? Coolness factor? Reputation? Xmax? Materials? Warrenty? Shelf life? Packaging? Bubble wrap?

For those individuals who do not know too much about car audio and come here as a source to learn, it would be wise for others to steer away from making such broad, generalized statements, that, taken at face value, have no basis in fact whatsoever and are highly misleading...Don't be like the marketing department at MTX and not compare things of like properties while saying (with a straight face) "The MTX Sledghammer will KILL a JL Audio W7. Here, look at these facts that we've carefully and meticulously crafted - err, picked to compare the two"...

...and you can get a 13W7 for $550-$650 if you know where to look (I think you were referring to the 13W7, although since you didn't say, I and others have to assume. You also did not supply the size of the XXX you are recommending - 8,10,12,20? eh?). That would also change the model, and hence price, of the ambiguous W7 you are referring to if we were to compare the two subs (W7/XXX) honestly and accurately. Audiobahn Immortal - Page 2 -- posted image.

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
jettagli03 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
I wouldnt mind a W7 or a XXX.. i've heard they are both great subs.. just that i'm in high school and dont quite have the funds to buy a pair :-P
jettagli03 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
this thread can be deleted/stopped/whatever if an administrator sees this
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
To the original poster, I think you will be fine with the power you currently have. You could go with more, but it won't be that much different than what you currently have. If it were me, I would save the money for the next install Audiobahn Immortal - Page 2 -- posted image.
VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.