the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

looking for 2 subs to hit Hard

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2005 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  

Way not cool dude. Keep it clean from here on in please. Oxygen bud, need more info. If you have a regular cab truck we can't really suggest subs that are 12" deep. So what is the vehicle, what amp do you have, what about the box (premade or a new custom box), ready to spend some good cake on wire, a pure SPL monster or something that you can actually listen to that still plays loud as well? So lots of questions that need answers before the other people on the site can give you the guidance that you need.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  
alright well i have a blazer and i just want some insane bass that is gonna make people get in my car and have to get out becuse it is so loud, as far as an amp i was gonna go with a jl amp unless someone else told me somethin diffrent like an amp that would work better with the subs, for a box i would make one or have one made to the specs of the subs so they would hit the hardest, wires arnt a problem, but basically i want somethin that is gonna POUND.
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
oh yea and by the way whoever those people are they are just idiots and dont have any idea what they are talking about becuse they just come out of the blue and say somethin like "hes a faggot" or telling me to get some subs from best buy, i hate that kinda crap!
boardinbum 
Silver - Posts: 358
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged  
If you're willing to put out the money, any sub or amp JL makes is great. However, just to save you a little cash, I think you'd be just as happy with some 12w3v2's.
boardinbum 
Silver - Posts: 358
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 6:23 AM / IP Logged  
However, if you just want something that'll "POUND" and make you feel like you just got hit in the chest when the bass line drops, I'd definitely recommend going with a different company. JL makes great products, but they're more about sound quality [and are very expensive]. You could get a different set of subs that'll pound your mirror right off your windshield and still sound good from a different company for a much more reasonable price.
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  
Yea I'm putting my freakin w6 out to pasture this week. That thing never was very loud.
Cost me $450 too... prolly the worst car-stereo investment I've ever made. A truly overrated, underpreforming speaker. It was fairly clean.. I'll give it that.
Now, for the price of two 12w6's you ought be able to grab two subs AND a nice amp to run 'em... although.. to be totally honest, my personal taste in woofers runs a little funny... so I'll leave those for others..
I will tell ya one more thing though.. if you're in a Blazer, you've got space.. and you say...
oxygen65 wrote:
i have a blazer and i just want some insane bass that is gonna make people get in my car and have to get out becuse it is so loud
Okay, so try 3x10's. That'd be forcefully loud and not much more of an investment.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
Hmm...
oxygen65 I just re-read your posts...
If you *really* want monster bass, mate a JL1000/1 to 3 4-ohm DVC 10's. Either the w3 series, or perhaps something like these, but if you really wanna pound, you can do wayy better than 2 12's, especially in a Blazer.
Your amplifier choices here are virtually endless, but the JL, while pricey, is prolly one the nicest sub-amps on the market period, whilest the 2.67-ohm load will produce full power from the thing. I think it puts like 1600 watts into a reactive load. Powerful amplifier.
That across 3 10's... you'll be deaf in a year. looking for 2 subs to hit Hard - Page 2 -- posted image.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
cujo613 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  

oxygen if you live in washington, I have a box custom made for early year blazer for four fifteens.

17.5 cubic feet ported to 20 hz. Made for the pr line of memphis. Had four of them running off a st1000.

People wouldnt even get in to listen.

Box price is free if you want it and are close.

Alpine dva-7669 Alpine cva-1004 Zapco 360.4 zapco 1100.1 2 image dynamics idq v2 fifteens Alpine type r 5.25 components and 6x9's
jeepmansro 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
Hey... have you ever herd of diamond audio... they sell them at high end places, that deal with cars. they are kinda pricey, but when you get 2 12" in the custom box, while your driving down the road with your headlights on they will literially shake.
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  

Well for me alphasonik does it best 800 series 12" is 900 watts RMS. We put two of these in a tahoe and all i could say is god dam.  You can get them in eather 2 ohm dvc coils or 4 ohm dvc. And i would get eather a 1000DA or 1200DA depending on how many ohms ya wanna run it. And these things are some of the best amps in efficency i seen with very little power lost to heat. And if ya really got cash to spend 900 "Mayhem" series these are 2200 watts RMS but that will probally make ya deaf. Well anyway i like this company because it is a good price and good quallity with a good warranty. Also the pre-built boxes look pretty good i think. But here decide for yourself http://www.alphasonik.com/frameset.html

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic