looking for 2 subs to hit Hard

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
sedate wrote:
Yea I'm putting my freakin w6 out to pasture this week. That thing never was very loud.
Cost me $450 too... prolly the worst car-stereo investment I've ever made. A truly overrated, underpreforming speaker. It was fairly clean.. I'll give it that.
Now, for the price of two 12w6's you ought be able to grab two subs AND a nice amp to run 'em... although.. to be totally honest, my personal taste in woofers runs a little funny... so I'll leave those for others..
I will tell ya one more thing though.. if you're in a Blazer, you've got space.. and you say...
oxygen65 wrote:
i have a blazer and i just want some insane bass that is gonna make people get in my car and have to get out becuse it is so loud
Okay, so try 3x10's. That'd be forcefully loud and not much more of an investment.
your kidding right? JL is one of the very best lines ever made you must of had them set up wrong
Big Dave
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
JL is a fine line just not worth the money they charge.
blazeronspokes 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
jl audio is one of the best companies out there right now, the only problem is that they are insanly expensive. i have 2 15" db drive platinum's on a mmats d200hc right now, and it hurts people to sit in my blazer. if you can afford jl, then go for it, i on the other hand, have had to trade and buy used stuff to get what i got. good luck with the system though.
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  

OK i think i need to clarify some things here

- I got about 1600-1800 bux to spend on a system

- I want bass that is going to be very loud like you cant even sit in the car loud, but only when i really want it to be

- I would like it to sound clear but clearity is not the main thing here, I want bass and lots of it

- I dont care if there is trunk space left, I will go with 2, 3 or even 4 subs as long as they hit hard

ive heard good things about jl's i sat in this guyes malibu and he had 3 12v6v2's in it running off a 1000/1 jl amp and his car made my heartbeat change, his system was so loud that it cracked the frame of his malibu, thats the kinda bass that i want, and i think i have enough of a price range to make that happen. so any sugestions on what type of subs, how many, and what kinda amp to put it all together that would be great, as long as it isnt compleatly outragiouse in price.

blazeronspokes 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
for 1600-1800 dollars your gonna just be able to do like 2 w6's and 1 1000/1. i believe the amps are almost a grand a piece(not completely sure though) and the subs are like 3-4 hundred each. whatever you do it must be ported if you want real boomy bass. the difference between a ported box and a sealed box is night and day as fas bass goes in my opinion.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  

If you are interested, I have my MTX system for sale. It consist of 2 THunder 8000 subs that are about 600rms SVC. The amp is the Thunder 81000d mono 1200w rms amp.In a generic box it hit 144.5 at last years Tweeter SLAP show in Albany. It gave me 3rd place at the Tuner Battle this year in Lake George. he box that I had it in was an absolute nightmare. I had built the box around an amp rack that I wanted, which made the box approx. 6 cu. ft. per sub. Therefore I only hit around 141. It is a hell of a lot of bass out of a couple older subs. It also includes a Circuit City Protection Plan on both subs that is good for I believe another year or two, so if they blow you can just bring them back and get the credit for 2 new subs.

If interested, please pm me. I am looking for a decent offer to take the subs, amp, and Tsunami 2 Farad Cap (I believe).

Kenny

offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  

IN addition, if you are close enough to me, I will install the system for you as well (if you do not feel like doing it yourself) if the price is right.

Kenny

T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
Not that I'm an expert or anything, but here's my 2 cents. How about 2 RE Audio SX 15's either sealed at 1.6cuft or ported at 3.5cuft with maybe around 600w a piece(maybe a little more if it's sealed). They run about $300 per sub shipped. These are well known for streetbass and I believe that is what you are asking for. As far as amps maybe a couple of Hifonics TX1005D's which would give them 1000w a piece($175 per plus shipping at ikesound.com). I know you said you had $1600-1800 dollars to spend which I'm sure you could, but all this would only run around a grand. Just one of many ways you could go with your system.
Pioneer DEH-P980BT, Zapco DCREF1000.4,Pioneer TS-C520PRS, Adire Extremis, MTX TA91002, TC Sounds TC-3000 15"
Glowinlow22 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  

how about a couple companies nobodies mentioned,  Memphis audio and adire audio,  if you've got the cash to throw down check out memphis subs and amps, i've got a single 15 pr series sub in my car running alittle over 200 watts and its freakin brutal in a sealed box i couldnt imagine 3 or 4 or these subs in a big ported enclosure, they also make much better subs further up the price scale...also adire audios subs are about to be released the new line of tempests are supposed to be pretty good from what i've heard.  Now if your all about slam that can stop your hear check out their line of brahma subs, they range from around 300 to 500 depending on size and i've seen a single 12 hit 170db and rip a doorjam apart on a van, these subs are all about moving air and making deep bass, and if i recall right dont need a ton of airspace to do it in.  memphis amps are supposed to be some of the best rated amps on the market from what i've read and seen....www.sonicelectrnix.com has some nice stuff.... www.woofersetc.com has a full line of memphis as well as jl audio products at decent prices and www.adireaudio.com   www.memphiscaraudio.com  that should set you up nice to start on the road to ultimate bass....as for the guy who mentioned diamond audio, there is a guy in town who owns a stereo shop, he has a 98 explorer with a wall of 8 15" subs each running around 1000watts with his stereo about a 1/3 of the way up its hard to breath much less talk, so its more about how well of an install you do as opposed to how much cash you spend.

J~

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
don't go JL. Go with JBL, Memphis, Adire, Image Dynamics, or TC Sounds (Soundsplinter). Get your money's worth for what you pay for.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic