icon

looking for 2 subs to hit Hard

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
don't go JL. Go with JBL, Memphis, Adire, Image Dynamics, or TC Sounds (Soundsplinter). Get your money's worth for what you pay for.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  

or just buy mine... lol

MTX subs are pretty damn reliable... and they can take  a good beating

Kenny

sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
speedwayaudio1:
The best lines ever made? It certainly sounded good... yet..
I have a stack of circle-shaped MDF cutouts for the sub like a foot high from all the different boxes I put it in.
Even a head installer at a local shop kinda looked at me quizically when I explained why I didn't like it ... I think ultimately, for me, it was a poor purchase. It simply couldn't keep with with the 150 watts/channel I had to give my front componets, nor could you feel it in your ass... the thing dropped alright I guess, but not the solar-plexus punch I want from a car stereo. I mean.. I'm from the import tuner set... I like loud, masturbatory bass that massages ya all over eh?
I think it woulda been a good speaker, had it had a friend... but again, two 13w6's and an amp to run them? That'd be 1600 and I was busy spending my money where it didn't matter.... like RCA's and $80 distribution blocks.
Live and learn eh?
Actually. Now that I think about it...
Heh Oxygen65:
Two of these.
Mated to one of these.
That'd be $1600 - 1800 and ..like you say eh? 'Ear-Bleeding'?
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
Glowinlow22 wrote:

Now if your all about slam that can stop your hear check out their line of brahma subs, they range from around 300 to 500 depending on size and i've seen a single 12 hit 170db and rip a doorjam apart on a van,

I just wanted to make a quick correction.  That was actually done with 9 15" Brahma's with 9 kilowatts a piece.  It was done in Scottie Johnson's vehicle.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

choover567 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  

you want somethin that REALLY hits... get two 12" or 15" mtx 9500's... i went into car toys and they played those at 600 watts each... in a soundproof room. it shook the whole store. those RMS at 1000 and peak at 3000 watts each. your gonna be heard from far far away when your comin around

Chris - 97 Toyota 4Runner
Alpine CDA-9884
Kicker SX1250.1
Kicker 15" L7
choover567 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
sorry, throw in an MTX thunder 81001 class D amp too. 1500 watts rms at 1 ohm, that will hit it
Chris - 97 Toyota 4Runner
Alpine CDA-9884
Kicker SX1250.1
Kicker 15" L7
T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
Or what about a Hifonics Colossus running either 2 15" RE XXX's or 2 15" RE MT's. Still around the $1800 mark and I'm sure the MT's would hurt you.
Pioneer DEH-P980BT, Zapco DCREF1000.4,Pioneer TS-C520PRS, Adire Extremis, MTX TA91002, TC Sounds TC-3000 15"
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone else feel more stupid after reading these posts?
Jazzy
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
These posts are rediculous lol. (One 12 hitting 170)
Thanks for that correction though.
We all know nothing hits as hard as a chromed out 34" Audiobahn though! Gotta get a PYLE amp though and put a crapload of crome on it and it will sound great! :)
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
Heck yeah, those 34"incher Audiobahns will crack the frames on Malibu's all day long!!!
Jazzy
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic