Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
03taurus 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2005 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
blazeronspokes wrote:

what i did for mine was this:

relocated the alarm brain(don't just have it hanging in with the ignition harness)

add back up battery

i have 13 sirens on mine(6 outside under the hood, 4 in the rear outside, 2 piezo's inside, and 1 regular 514n inside)

a digital tilt sesor

proximity sensor

remote hood latch(i used a solenoid to pop my hood and bolted the hood release cable to my firewall, this way if they try to break the window and pop the hood they will be in for a suprise!)

all of the wiring for my alarm is the same color wire

2 way paging alarm

and make sure to loom and tape everything so it looks stock as possible

All of these work great as a theft deterent. just remember that it is only a theft deterent. if somebody wants your car, there gonna get it one way or another. all you can do is make it as difficult as ppossible for them to do so. hope this helps with some ideas. happy installing!

How in the hell does the solenoid pop open your hood if you had a dead battery?  And how do you change the  dead battery that is under the hood?  Are 4 sirens going off really that much louder then just 1 under the hood? 

I do give you credit, but remember one thing,  It only takes 5 seconds for a tow truck to lift the back of your car up and take it down the road a mile or 2 and strap it down.  I see people park in the wrong parking lots on Miami Beach and they snag em' out there all the time.  Kinda funny actually. 

If I was as paranoid as you I would put an ancor in the ground 4 feet down and about 30 Cu.  Ft. of concrete around it and a chain it down with some 80 grades stainless steel chain.  I think the 1 1/4" chain should do ya.  Actualy to help ya out i included a link on where to buy the chain.  http://http://www.gatorsupply.com/chnssalys.htm

5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2005 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
Lmao! hahahaha! Gosh this is almost as good of a laugh as I got from the stang!
True story. I pulled up to the gas station near my house. 2 girls are looking at eachother with a worried look on their faces. I see the driver climb to the back hatch area of the civic and try to open the hatch. It then occurs to me that this primered, lowered, civic has shaved door handles. lol They were stuck inside the civic! The driver climbs back to the driver's seat and turns the key in the ignition... Nothing. Dead battery. LOL
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
blazeronspokes 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
sorry 03taurus, i forgot to mention that i have a pair of posts mounted to the bottom of my bumper for the occasion that my battery is to fail. all i gotta do is hook a pair of jumpers to it and boom, i'm back in my car. like i said before though, i only do this stuff to help prevent my car from being stolen/ broken into. all you can do is try, if they want your car bad enough, they're gonna get no matter what you do. and yes, four sirens going off is really a lot luder than one. when my alarm goes off, you practically go deaf. i love it.
03taurus 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
OK that makes much more sence.  Just keep the water off of those jumpers and your good to go.  I am jelous actually now.  How to steal your car in 3 seconds - Page 3 -- posted image.
5150azn 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Hey is it still security when you chain your wheel to the lamp post? If it works for bicycles it should work for a car.
timk053 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  

Yahoo!! .....smoking good info, wiring brain overload. How to steal your car in 3 seconds - Page 3 -- posted image.

So let me recap.....

I need 10-12 more sirens, seems like air horns ought to count for 2 or 3, another battery (or two), someting called a pipe gun, 12 ga I'm guessing, a countdown timer from DEI (wonder if Jr. makes em), a really nice chain, some concrete, lots more tape, some odd screws, another battery, rock deflector, jumper cables, another ignition harness, more tape, oh... and pay my insurance.

Sounds like I've got some shoping to do....

Lots of good info thx. How to steal your car in 3 seconds - Page 3 -- posted image.

timk

gcorrea 
Silver - Posts: 436
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  
i just leave my rott in my trucks bed, he doesnt like people.
gcorrea
aurora4.0 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  

Check out this product:  Ravelco Anti Theft Device.  Lots of good information about how no one has ever been able to "hotwire" a car with Ravelco. 

www.neverstolen.com

5150azn 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
aurora4.0 wrote:

Check out this product:  Ravelco Anti Theft Device.  Lots of good information about how no one has ever been able to "hotwire" a car with Ravelco. 

www.neverstolen.com

LMAO what the eff is that?
geoffl 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
the ravelco really works. even if the car is on and you pull it off the car will die immediately. its good.
Geoff
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic