icon

HO Alternator or Capacitor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2005 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
the optima battery is a dry cell and the yellow top is designed to run extra components like amps, wench's , etc. for your gain what i was telling you to look for would be right on the gain and would look like 2.V   but if you didn't see that you should just turn your gain down a little if it's all the way up you know that it should not be all the way up the way your gain should be set with that low of preamp output should be high but not all the way so turn the gain down some and turn down the bass on your H/U  can you post a pic of the gains on your amp ? 
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
Samt18 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2005 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
ok i will turn the gains down.  i will also look into that yellow top...just guessing, how much do you think that would help?  i couldnt find a pic of the gains on the net so i dont know what to tell you there...its a crossfire VR1000D
Blowntweeters 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2005 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
i think the yellow top and new battery termenals will give you a good improvement for your power problem  your lights will still dimm just not as much and for  the gain trun it down just a little bit because your preamp output is low when you get everthing done let me know the results
Samt18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2005 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
ok i will try to get one of those yellow tops.  i'd like to get it off the net, which would be cheaper, but that means i'd have to use my parents credit card and they would find out that i'd spent more money haha.  maybe that wont work.  I won't even get those replacement subs in until mid next week sometime, but i'll let you know how everything goes. 
Blowntweeters 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2005 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  

you want to get the yellow top optima for cheep and you don't want to buy online look in the phone book for an auto parts store that is an auto value  store  you should be able to get the yellow top for about $100 puls tax 

Samt18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2005 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
ok i'll do that blowntweeters.  thanks for all your help, and everyone else too.  i'll get back on and let you know how it works out
Samt18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2005 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
alright im back.  i bought the yellow top and am still waiting for the replacement subs to get in...im at college now so i dont know when i'll be able to get back down to my hometown and get that stuff put in.  but anyway, i was talkin to a guy that works for crossfire and he suggested me getting a sealed box as opposed to the ported one i have.  said that would help my subs stop blowin.  well i know a sealed box can help the subs handle more power, so i talked to my local shop and the guy there said that a sealed box with those subs would sound like sh!t so i dont know what to do.  i think its worth the price of the box if my subs will stop blowin, but i dont want it to sound crappy either.  anybody have any experience with BMF's in a sealed box, or any other suggestions?
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic