icon

2000 Dodge Neon alarm problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jose031 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  

I have an after market alarm (black widow) now the factory alarm won't let me start my car, how can I disable the factory alarm? please help. I want to go to work, and  I need my only car to be working. can anybody gives me an idea please reply back or e-mail  jose031@aol.com  thanks in advance for does of you that are willing reply back.

plz help other, because is reallly nice when you get help...remember!!..what goes around come's around.
Autoobsession 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  

Is there a remote start in the car also? If not make sure the starter kill from the alarm is disconnected. Make sure the starter wire is connected back to factory.

jose031 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
thank you for you quick reply, I do have remote start on my car, but everything was working and out of no where my factory alarm just kept going off, Im trying to do what you told to do, but ther is a lot of wire and I live in Jacksonville Florida and I can't even take my car to a shop, so please help out and if you have another Idea please reply back again, thanks to you and anybody the is willing to help me out..
plz help other, because is reallly nice when you get help...remember!!..what goes around come's around.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
Take the shroud off below the steering column and look for a heavier guage YELLOW wire. Somewhere along that wire it should have been cut and attached to a relay of some sort. Basically, you want to connect the 2 cut ends of that yellow wire. This will allow you to start the car with the key until you get the alarm module fixed. If you see the relay in a socket you can remove it and jumper across the 2 terminals in the socket that lead back to either end of the yellow cut wire.
Steve G
jose031 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the reply guys im still  trying everything you guys told to do, and I found both Yellow wire, but sitll doesn't work, I beleave is that the factory alarm is armed, and I want to know how to disable the factory alarm.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
Factory Alarm Disarm - disarms with unlock
Steve G
jose031 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
it doesnt disarm with the remote control, I think my factory remote only open and close the door. any; other ideas, please help I can not go to work tomorrow either if I don't fix my car today, please guys helppp meeeeeeeee, and thanks in advance for your future replay...
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  

If you have Remote Start ............There should be an Extra Key ( usually in a small box ) somewhere near the Steering Column or Remote Start box.  Your Ignition Key that you are using may have become UNcoded and U might try the one that is in your Remote Start

OR
hook a 7.5 Ohm Resistor to the Light Green wire in Driver Kick Panel & ground it.
OEM Alarm DisarmLIGHT GREEN (-)7.5K Ohm Resistor Will Disarm Only

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
jose031 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  

thank you for the info mo12v, I already tryed the key that I have in the litle box for the remote start alarm, and still doesn't work, I haven't try the 7.5 resistor to the light green wire, can you explaying a litle better house can I do that? remember I am not really an expert on this things is really that  I can't take it to the dealer, the dealer here in jacksonville Florida are crazy when it comes to charge, and they want me to take the car other there and just to touch the car they want $100 up front, and that's one of the reason why I really apreaciate it everything you guys trying to do for me.

there is no stupid statement guys, please help me out.................any Idea please let me know how to do it..

jose031 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
If I unplug the main car computer would that work? and if it would work where would the main computer be ? pleazz zzz helppppppp!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic