icon

10 inch SQ sub options

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hamrajw 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
I'm looking to get a new 10 inch sub. Interested in one that provides good SQ. Any suggestions for around $100-200.
thanks
Firstnbass 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
above that range but the kicker l7 and if to expensive l5 both are great subs, I have a l7 10 in my standard cab ranger and it pounds,
*ALwaYs KnoW YoUr SaLEsmAN!!*
hamrajw 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the suggestion. I will check that one out. I should also have mentioned that I will be powering it with the Memphis 16-MCD500 amp. It's 250W x 1 RMS at 4 ohms and 500W x 1 RMS at 2 ohms. I was also looking at the DLS UR 10. Is anyone familiar with this sub?
Ocuriel 
Copper - Posts: 141
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
kickers are loud, but not accurate. I would steer more towards a infinity perfect 12" dual voice coil sub. much more accurate & detailed. is there a reason why you want a 10". a 10" will want you begging for more.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
OCURIEL wrote:
kickers are loud, but not accurate. I would steer more towards a infinity perfect 12" dual voice coil sub. much more accurate & detailed. is there a reason why you want a 10". a 10" will want you begging for more.
I agree with that statement, but that's FAR too much of a generalization, man! I wanted to go back to my Eclipse Ti10, after I "upgraded" to the Ti12. I was under the impression that the 12 was "more", and therefore "better", but the 10 actually went deeper, with MORE output capability than the 12. And before anyone starts in with "But the enclosure... blah, blah, blah..." Both drivers were taken to Harman Labs (I have an engineer friend there), put on the Klippel machine, and spec'd to a gnat's ***. THEN the same engineer, using his own software, (I mean it's HIS software - he WROTE the program) designed the enclosure(s) for me, THEN, another friend of mine cut the MDF on his router table (to 4 decimal places, thank you very much), after which I assembled the enclosure - without needing screws! The size of the driver means NOTHING... the capability of the driver means EVERYTHING!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  

Damn haemphyst I'm jealous! 10 inch SQ sub options -- posted image.

I would agree with staying away from the Kicker's. Notice how the guy said, "they pound." Ummm, that wasn't what hamrajw was asking for....

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
Firstnbass 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
I just suggest from experiance, I have done the JL stuff but i think they are over rated, and as for the infinity, you may as well use pioneer. Now everybody knows that your not building a system to look at. otherwise would all buy infinity, lol. I do like the eclipse, but since you brought up the DLS UR 10, this sub is mad and looking to kick some ask a few questions about the air space on this sub though, and as the other post stated more isint exactly better. Be carfull with the Kicker and DLS stuff though, if your buying from feebay anyway cause both companies are strongly against the sale of their products on feebay. So if bought from them they will never honor a warrenty! so watch out for that one.
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
You didn't mention the year and make of car and what, if any, size restrictions you might have.
hamrajw 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
OCURIEL wrote:
tcss wrote:
You didn't mention the year and make of car and what, if any, size restrictions you might have.
I was looking for something that would not take up too much space. I was also thinking that a 10" would be a bit more accurate than a 12". I had 2 Infinity Reference 1020W, and want to get a better quality of sound.
I have a '05 Mazda Tribute.
If I did get the DLS I would most likely get it from a dealer. I saw it being sold for $235.
Firstnbass 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
What area are you in, Just incase you need it dlsamerica.com >find dealer or where to buy> choose buy state, good luck and that price is pretty good.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic