icon

10 inch SQ sub options

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
Iv'e had great results with the JL 10" W3V2 and it should be in your price range.
hamrajw 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
Firstnbass wrote:
What area are you in, Just incase you need it dlsamerica.com >find dealer or where to buy> choose buy state, good luck and that price is pretty good.
I'm in NJ.
I saw it at soundcity for $235. www.soundcity.com
Has anyone ever dealt with this store?
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
Check out the IDQ's or even the ID's. They can be had for your price range and are right there in the power range you have.
jettagli03 
Copper - Posts: 311
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2005 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
i've installed the Infinity Kappa Perfect 10" in my friends car and he just loves the little thing, wont stop talking about its SQ -- its not huge SPL but it definately gets the job done in my opinion and i picked one up for him at about $90... thats a steal of a price for this little sub
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 11, 2005 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
That DLS subwoofer needs a vented enclosure (EBP is 105), so you might take that into consideration.  Also, it has dual 4 ohm voice coils and has a 400 watt continuous power handling rating, which doesn't bode well matched up with that amplifier for SQ purposes or for power handling at 2 ohms.  Consider looking at a 10" or 12" (smaller doesn't mean it's more accurate) sub with a single 4 ohm coil that is capable of at least 250 watts continuous, that has specs that encourage using a sealed box.  Then you can run your amp into the 4 ohm load for sweet SQ.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2005 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
im a big fan of Soundstream for sq, but thats me.
hamrajw 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2005 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  
dwarren wrote:
Check out the IDQ's or even the ID's. They can be had for your price range and are right there in the power range you have.
Can you provide a site or store that has these?
Thanks
hamrajw 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2005 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
I was looking at the specs for the IDQ10 D2 v.2. It says it dual 2 ohm with 250W RMS. This is a newbie question. Does that mean 250W per voice coil, or 250E for the sub itself. the Memphis amp I will be using is 250W RMS x 1 at 4 ohms, and 500W RMS x 1 at 2 ohms.
boardinbum 
Silver - Posts: 358
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2005 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
If it's dual 2 ohm, you would wire it for 4 ohms ( diagram). and it means 250 total rms.
Here's a good site to look for ID subs.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2005 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
Kappa Perfect 10. SQ is great for the price.
Steer away from kicker. As stated above its loud but not clear, and if SQ is your goal, this is not for you.
Other companies: IDX,JBL,Nakamichi (look at the SPW1000D)
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic