Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2005 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
Uniqueaudio wrote:

Hello, I'm looking for a good 1/2 Ohm Stable Amplifier. Anyone out there know of any? Please list some along with a site where I can see it at. Thanks.

He forgot Zapco... But I have one question for you... Why? Even if it is capable of running with a half ohm load, the heat output is higher, the distortion is higher, the damping factor is lower, the efficiency is lower... All the bad things about amplifiers, just magnified... Why not get an amp rated at the desired power at 4 or at worst, 2 ohms? Your cost per watt will likely be lower, and the amp will run cooler and more efficiently. If you are looking to compete in something along the lines of SPL ONLY, in a 50 watt class, but you want 1000 watts worth of output, then go for it, but if you want ANY kind of sound quality, you are going at it the wrong way..

Doesnt IASCA go by speaker area anyways?

godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2005 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.alphasonik.com/frameset.html
800D will probally serve your needs i used one at 1 ohms and really stressed it running high watt subs. The alpine used to run the door speakers(250RMS each) heat up and would shut down. There highly efficent so thats why i recomend that series.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2005 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
i highly do NOT recommend alphasonik amplifiers for 1 ohm or below, i actually don't recommend them at all because they are made by the evil lord audiobahn... stick the companies i mentioned above.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
godblessdremil 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2005 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
Do explain why you don't recomend it? It pushes the power very efficently and has an ausome warranty. Yes it was bought by audiobahn but its been around since 75. I have done alot of systems with these amps, and since then my customers refuse to buy any other amp, you just talking about shhh you have no idea about.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2005 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not talking about "shhh" i don't know about, since i have been installing for 29 years. Alphasonik was a great brand in its former day when it was real equipment, much like the older PPI stuff. What happened to them from Audiobahn is what happened to PPI by Directed. They were bought out and the products changed dramatically for the worse. Ever since, neither product has been good.
They are not efficient compared to those i listed and you need there warranty because they break. Get a real amp like the ones i mentioned above and you will see the difference, hear the difference, and feel the difference.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
godblessdremil 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 2:17 AM / IP Logged  
Hey all i know my customers love it, and i never had one shut down do to heat, even with little to know ventilation and while thos brands you were using where shutting down. So talk all ya want cause i know its a great product.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2005 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  
Anything owned by Audiobahn is NOT a great product...
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2005 at 4:58 AM / IP Logged  

uthinkuknoaudio wrote:
Anything owned by Audiobahn is NOT a great product...

Can't argue with that.

godblessdremil 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2005 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
Lol this just makes you look on fools cause you are not looking at the product just a supid byass. Call it all ya want but i got customers loving it, and it was in my car till i sold it. So say all ya want. I'll put it up against especally the stuff in you car Dwarren.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2005 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  

godblessdremil wrote:
Hey all i know my customers love it, and i never had one shut down do to heat, even with little to know ventilation and while thos brands you were using where shutting down. So talk all ya want cause i know its a great product.

How are you going to prove anything if all you know is your customers love it. Where is your proof. Customers can be sold and love anything.

You need not take this so personally, but rather more objesctively. It is well known that products from audiobahn or the likes have questionable integrity. It was suggested by those who have bad experineces with them that there are better options. Uthink is very opionated but has made his point none the less.

And by all means put any thing up against my system. I haven't any doubts about any of it. Escpecially the isntall, as this can make or break equipment.  

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic