icon

DEI wont let me sell my 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Autoobsession 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
Jl Audio and Alpine did the same thing to me. I owned the product and took my own pics and they still made me take it off. I dont get it either.
jcman311 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
In order to post in the buy and sell forum, you have to have 50 posts.  At least thats what I read.....
1994 Mercury Grand Marquis
Alpine Audio
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  

actually you may own the product but i dont believe you own the right to the image.... any lawyers here correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe no one but them has the right to display an image of their products.......

i dont see how else they could pull an ad for something being sold used.... unless you had used an image (picture, etc) of the product in question.....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Integrity 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
kgerry with all due respect the entire reason that this problem began is rightly so because there so called professional installer dealer called Interstate electronics of Hazlet NJ installed it wrong.
I had originally purchased a viper 690xv had it installed in my 02 altima from the minute this alarm was installed I had problems so I had to continuously take days off work so I can have at the time my only means of transportation fixed the car sometimes wouldn’t start at all the system caused short outs I called DEI and complained they brushed me off and told me to pay another $85 dollars to have it reinstalled.
well I did worked fine then problems again so the dealer told me to pay them $100 bucks to upgrade to 791xv which I did and had the dealer charge me $200 to install which by the way when I called DEI and told them this they agreed with the dealer so I had no choice at the time.
it worked ok then had to get rid of my altima cause wanted an suv so I got a 04 explorer had the alarm installed not only did they forget to install 3 wires they cut my brake sensor cable at 2 locations making the sensor to not work properly my brake lights would sometimes work and other times flash and then go out got pulled over twice and the same night driving back with the kids nearly avoided and ended up in the ditch because my brake lights malfunctioned. My alarm sometimes would start the car other times it wouldn’t other times it would cause the car not to turn on at all not even with the key itself starter kill went into effect. anyway dei sent me out a new unit after I took the alarm out so now i have a new unit but original wiring and wish not to have it this alarm installed anymore that’s why i want to sell it cause im done with DEI products and service. So much for professionals.
Integrity 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah but it has to be installed by DEI Dealer with there certified professional installers LMAO. So I see it as both at fault the dealer also represent DEI because they are one of there dealers. oh yeah still no word on ebay oh and did you know that ebay does not post there phone number I had tos earch for it on google and even when I called the Suspension VERO program team only communicates via email how can you run a million dollar company and not have some sort of phone support boggles me. Corporate America becomes very interesting heck I should start a crook as company.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 26, 2005 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  

the whole point of the post (before we got off track DEI bashing) was that they wouldnt allow you to advertise the product on Ebay.... and as i mentioned the only forseeable way any company (DEI, Alpine, JL, etc) could prevent you from advertising a product you own personally and were selling personally (not as a dealer) would be if you used a picture of the product...you want to look into whether or not this was the case.... it may simply have been a case of you using their products image or logo, which they will have copywritten and own the rights to.....

the majority of the gripes i hear on this forum are not from DEI dealers but from guys who have installed the product themselves and had issues... or guys who had it installed "professionally" and gotten a butcher job ( i empathize with you guys, trust me )... you can jump on me with both boots if you want, all i'm saying is i've dealt with many different brands over the years (Crimestopper, Code Alarm,  etc, etc) and i find DEI to be one of the best companies for support (dealer support , not end user retailer consumer support...this should be supplied by the dealer)

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2005 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah DEI makes it easy for an experienced owner/operator to become a dealer and expects that training and experience to represent it as a company. Unfortunately, they don't have any control over the inexperienced installers that the individual dealer may hire. These guys are installing under the DEI "professional installer" cloak that the dealer has attained and making a bad rep for DEI. As for the ebay thing. Have you tried selling it without pics and asking potential buyers to email you for pics. Not sure but maybe that would be allowable. Yet even the listing itself may be infringing by using the Viper(R) or DEI(R) registered trademark names anywhere in the text.
Steve G
Integrity 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2005 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
I have given up dude because I dont have time for all the burocratic bs between myself,dei,ebay and i continue to remain banned from ebay wooohooooo. for some rules they made that I followed. :~) when will someone else make an aution site that doesnt have all these stupid rules
make it something like garbagepile.com or EABS.com Electronic Auction Bidding System some you know stupid name
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2005 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  

kgerry wrote:

the majority of the gripes i hear on this forum are not from DEI dealers but from guys who have installed the product themselves and had issues... or guys who had it installed "professionally" and gotten a butcher job ( i empathize with you guys, trust me )... you can jump on me with both boots if you want, all i'm saying is i've dealt with many different brands over the years (Crimestopper, Code Alarm,  etc, etc) and i find DEI to be one of the best companies for support (dealer support , not end user retailer consumer support...this should be supplied by the dealer)

For the most part, I completely agree with you that some DIY'ers have botched an alarm install, and then blamed the product itself. I also believe that even more DIY'ers have probably sucked it up after a botch install, and paid even more to have it professionally installed.  ("more" meaning fixing the car PLUS installing the alarm)

I am a DIY'er with limited experience to some DEI and older Clifford products. I have installed several alarms, window modules, and sunroof modules, all in my personal cars or cars of friends. I would NEVER dream of calling up DEI and asking them for tech help. I am NOT an authorized dealer. In other words, I leave them alone and I solve my own problems. But by the same respect, If I want to sell (on ebay) that Clifford Avantguard 4 that I never got around to installing, then I think DEI should leave ME the f@ck alone, too. They got their money. And I think this is the premise that this thread started with. I completely disagree with someone whining about  "I am not an authorized dealer and DEI wont give me support". You bought it used, now deal with it. BUT....I COMPLETELY AGREE with someone complaining about selling a used working product that they do not want to use for whatever reason (sold the car, etc), and then having DEI step in and saying that you have trampled on their rights.

swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2005 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
so put it up on eaby with out a pic. most peole dotn care what it looks like and most people know what it is anyways.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic