icon

best sub for overall performance

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2005 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
ive been doing alot of reading on this forum and have not seen a Q/A about the best sub on the market applying to the sq and spl overall. ive hear good things about infinity, jl, kicker, boston, so no. but there is nothing on the overall quality of these subs. also i would like to know what to expect from the different brands and the fairness of the price of them relating to the overall quality and reliability. any info on any brand that has turned out to be good quality that i maybe have not heard of would be much appreciated.
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
Teslank 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2005 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  

i just know that kickers sound alot like "kicking"

go to future shop and listen to the various subs there or go to some sound store.

i like the rockford fosgate subs they have good looks and good sound IMO....

this is just a matter of testing different sub listening to them in your car friends. go to sound / performance shows and talk to the owners...

its just this way you can choose a sub. because some ppl just like kicker others like infinity others pioneer and they all sound very distinc to me and i dont like their sound.

so go see some subs :P

youngone 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2005 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
ya i no what you mean with the kickers they are made for manely for spl and not sq. the solos are quate a bit more loud than normal i gust becuse of there square shape alowing them to displace more air than the more common round shape.
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2005 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

youngone wrote:
ive been doing alot of reading on this forum and have not seen a Q/A about the best sub on the market applying to the sq and spl overall

That's becasue there really isn't any "perfect" or "best" sub. There is no end all. However there are plenty of subs that can do what you want and do it well. Some of the brands you mentioned are going to fulfill that need.

Like mentioned above. demo products and don't be afraid to spend some time doing this. Be subjective.

A huge factor in all of this is enclosure. How it its constructed and how it sounds in your vehicle.

youngone 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2005 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
im actully leaning towerds infinity because of there ratings and possetive overall feeback. enybody know about there low rms compared to other brands. also dus enybody know eny other brands that are for around the same prise that produce the same or beter quality. sq is importent but i also would like to have spl to.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2005 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  

Infinity seems to make a good product, have you looked into similar priced subs, like what's the competition and so on? Have you listened to them yet?

I have personal experience with MTX and Image Dynamic subs. I am really impressed with ID.

youngone 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2005 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
no i havent i have gust been going on what other people say about them because i live in north carolina in a rural area and dont have the ability to go and see and hear how they are for myself. and i like talking to people and getting there opinion on the item or subject.
TruckSystem 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
I've used MTX, various flea market budget brands, and Diamond Audio subwoofers. The Diamonds are the best purchase I have ever made for subs, hence why I bought so much other Diamond stuff afterwards.
2003 Chevrolet Silverado Standard Cab ~ Alpine CDA-9851
Diamond Audio D3600.1 ~ 2x Diamond Audio TM310D4
Diamond Audio D3400.4 ~ Diamond Audio Hex S600s
AstroStart RS5204 Remote Start/Alarm
Bigsingh 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
the idmax is a great woofer for spl and sq along with most the woofers that they make, and so are woofers made by RE, my personal favourite being the xxx. i think that they are quite well priced for the performance and quality they deliver. diamond is also another one of those good sq subs but i wudnt tread anywhere near an mtx, pile of cr*p.  for ur price range i think an RE se wud work out nicely or maybe an ID of similar price, i've had experience with all these including Infinity, these subs wil bury infinities. hav a look round as there arent many RE dealers
6* Rockford T2's
6* POWER AMPs
BLACK CORRADO
BAANNGGIINN
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  

so from what i'm hearing your looking for a well rounded sub. JL W7, would do the trick but there not cheep. take a look at soundstream van gogh's. they can be had for about $180 per sub. www.soundstream.com

1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic