icon

Alpine latest navigation fall of 2005?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BoominRolla 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2005 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
Has anyone installed the new alpine navigation yet? I want to get it and install it this winter into my car any one have instruction manuals online?  Or reviews about it? The reason I want alpine is cause I'll get a deal on it and I have the iva-D900 headunit... so any help is appreciated! THANK YOU!!
Ctoh 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2005 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
My rep told us its not releasing till the end of October which may actually mean Jan of 06!Alpine latest navigation fall of 2005? -- posted image.
ssnds 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2005 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

about how much will that be runnin?  will i be able to use that with the IVA-D310?

SSounds
Ctoh 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
03impalla wrote:

about how much will that be runnin?  will i be able to use that with the IVA-D310?

I think retail is probably about $1700 and yes it will,,,

alpine0000 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  

does anybody know what the difference is between alpines current nav unit and the new one that is supposed to be coming out? (in detial, if you can?). i suspect that once this new one comes out, youll be able to find the current ones on ebay for a dime a dozen and im wondering what i would benefit by spending top dollar on the newest one, or getting the current one for half price on ebay Alpine latest navigation fall of 2005? -- posted image.

thanks in advance!

ssnds 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  

hmm.. i wonder what the differnce is from the even older navi's compared to the i think its the 852a... i know u can get the older ones on ebay for a bill..

SSounds
alpine0000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
03impalla wrote:

hmm.. i wonder what the differnce is from the even older navi's compared to the i think its the 852a... i know u can get the older ones on ebay for a bill..

i mean, im sure the actual software is a little better. and it is more updated. but you can get updates for the previous years nav systtems too (like the cd's with all the new roads on there, and new businesses).

aside from that, im not sure what the difference is.

i heard something about the new one being voice activated. big deal. i could care less about that

BoominRolla 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
Thought last years was voice activated too? I think a big change is the 3d imaging of certain selected large cities... It may help with navigation in real time if you can see a 3d image of the buildings you're near... Other than that I haven't sat down with the books side by side and compared... So dealer cost will be??? Alpine latest navigation fall of 2005? -- posted image. hahaha
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Bad news BoominRolla, the NVE-N872A will NOT be compatable with your D-900.It only works with the D-300 and D-310. The main differances between it and the 852 will be better software package and the use of XM's streaming traffic and weather. When will we see it? God only knows. I was promised , without question before the end of Sept. 30 day delay. End of Oct., release date moved to Nov.I will be very surprised if we see it before Xmas. And yes retail is $1700.
There is no such thing as free installation!
alpine0000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  

tcss wrote:
Bad news BoominRolla, the NVE-N872A will NOT be compatable with your D-900.It only works with the D-300 and D-310. The main differances between it and the 852 will be better software package and the use of XM's streaming traffic and weather. When will we see it? God only knows. I was promised , without question before the end of Sept. 30 day delay. End of Oct., release date moved to Nov.I will be very surprised if we see it before Xmas. And yes retail is $1700.

great info. one quick question: is the NVE-N852A is the newest nav that we are waiting to be released, correct?

also, is it NOT compatible with the IVA-D901? is that what your saying? or is it just not compatible with the OLD 900 model?

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic