icon

Alpine latest navigation fall of 2005?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
No the NVE-N852A is the one that is being replaced. It is compatable with the D-900 and the D-901. In early 2004 it got a software upgrade, if your looking at a used one make sure it has the upgrade. The new model is the NVE-N872A. It will only be compatable with D-300 and D-301.
There is no such thing as free installation!
alpine0000 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  

tcss wrote:
It will only be compatable with D-300 and D-301.

do you mean the D-300 and D-310, not the 301, right?

cause im looking into getting the new nav and the 310 head unit.

tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
Typo, D-310. Blame NIFS ( numb installer finger syndrome ) Excellant choice on the screen, of all that we sell I like the D-310 best.
alpine0000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  

tcss wrote:
Typo, D-310. Blame NIFS ( numb installer finger syndrome ) Excellant choice on the screen, of all that we sell I like the D-310 best.

i appreciate all your info tss.

i really like the 310 as well. my buddy has the 901 and the clarity is amazing. obviously due to all the pixels. i cant decide which to get. i am leaning towards the 310 though not only because its cheaper, but because of the touch screen.

i was wondering why you like the 310 better than the 901?  i figured youd have a much better backed opinion than i do. can you tell me what you like most about the 310?

thanks for your help!

tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
I've always liked the D-901, but Alpine has discontinued it and I've long since sold out of them. Here's a couple of points on the D-310. First I'm not a large touch screen fan, I'm constantly needing to clean the screen. Second, a great plus is it has a display so you can use the thing with the screen closed. Recently in So. Cal. law enforcement has started to pull anyone with an open screen over at night. It doesn't matter if you were illegally watching a DVD or not, they say they THOUGHT you were and then procede to check license, reg, insurance, BREATH because they had a reason to pull you over. Not a fun thing if you had a glass of wine with dinner. Also if you get Alpine's 420i I-Pod adaptor the D-310 scrolls thru much faster then the D-300.
alpine0000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  

tcss wrote:
Also if you get Alpine's 420i I-Pod adaptor the D-310 scrolls thru much faster then the D-300.

oh yea, i was wondering about the 420 ipod thing - my friend has it and says it sucks. says its really slow and you pretty much have to create a ton of playlists to avoid having to do too much scrolling through songs. he says also the onscreen interface is clumsy as well. not easy to navigate like using the actual ipod is. i was wondering if this is true or not (he isnt that smart when it comes to electronics, so i figure youd know better). btw, he has the 901 head unit. (not sure if the 310 is better fitted for the ipod interface than the 901)

also, on alpines website, it says that the 901 has ai-net. however, it doesnt say this about the 310. im guessing the 310 doesnt have ai-net in this case?? does this mean no cd changer for me if i buy the 310?

tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
The third letter in Alpine's model number let's you know whether it is "A" for AI net, "M" for M-bus or "E" for economy, so it is AI net. The D-310 is much better for scrolloing thru songs on the 420i.
alpine0000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  

tcss wrote:
The third letter in Alpine's model number let's you know whether it is "A" for AI net, "M" for M-bus or "E" for economy, so it is AI net. The D-310 is much better for scrolloing thru songs on the 420i.

im loving this! im learning a ton from you tss

thanks again Alpine latest navigation fall of 2005? - Page 2 -- posted image.

alpine0000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
installed the alpine 310 head unit tonite. i LOVE it. i sure cant wait til i am able to get my hands on the new nav. anybody use it yet and have any comments?
nchohmi 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
that is not the model number of the new nav unit. It is the 872A and I have it! Its great. Im not sure whether it will work with the D900 but I have the IVA-D310 and it works well, has voice command, real time 3d nav, XM traffic and weather, and i bypassed the video lockout with no problems!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic