icon

Shopping for 1500wrm amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kd7nfr 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
I actually own an Eclipe DA7232. It IS a monter. But I was wondering what the RMS was on it... now I know. I have it running my two Eclipse Ti's. It was this forum that actually introduced me to that amp. Maybe we'll hook that amp up to 'em and see how she sounds...
kd7nfr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
Yet another question... anyone have a DA7232 for sale? I really don't care much for warranties when it comes to amps...
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
kd7nfr wrote:
I actually own an Eclipe DA7232. It IS a monter. But I was wondering what the RMS was on it... now I know. I have it running my two Eclipse Ti's. It was this forum that actually introduced me to that amp. Maybe we'll hook that amp up to 'em and see how she sounds...
I asked that same question of the techs at Eclipse when I went to the CES last year. (I mention "techs" because I didn't want a salesman (even an Eclipse salesman) inflating the numbers...) I asked two different ones, on differnet days of the show, and the first one said "We get around 1350 watts perchannel all day long into 4 ohms" and the second one said pretty much the same thing, but his number was 1250...
Take that for what it might be worth, but I can say, from experience, it is a VERY capable piece of equipment!
kd7nfr wrote:
Yet another question... anyone have a DA7232 for sale? I really don't care much for warranties when it comes to amps...
Nope... you'll be prying that amp from my cold, dead, fingers! Perhaps the finest piece of electronics gear I have ever owned!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
kd7nfr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  

"We get around 1350 watts perchannel all day long into 4 ohms" and the second one said pretty much the same thing, but his number was 1250... "

You mean 2ohms? Cuz that's a lot @ 4...

And yea, I found a guy on eBay that wouldn't go below $600 for his DA7232. I ended up getting one off a buddy up here that owns an Eclipse dealership. But I argued with that guy forever on the price (I won it, just didn't get to reserve price) about getting one. I told him I could get a new one for $850 from www.electronicgiant.com with a 90 day warranty.... why pay $600 for a used one with no warranty? I have a hook-up here, so I'll see what I can do...

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
Nope... I mean 4 ohms. Yes, it IS a lot, whether 4 or 2 ohms, but the amp is rated 4000 watts (2000 per channel) at 2 ohms, and 1000wpc into 4 ohms.
Even at 850 that's a smokin' price
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
kd7nfr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  

But it says peak on their site.... So it's really 2,000wrms at 2ohms? Jesus... I'm giving my 750wrms Ti's 2,000 watts a peice...

They're holding up though...

kd7nfr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

Don't tell anyone, but I'm an authorized Eclipse dealer.... So I have a "hookup".... But ordering is a kind of a bitch, it's a little different.... I have to have so much in stock, and I've pretty much sold it all, so I'm looking to "restock". Havn't decided if I'm going to again or not.

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
This is starting to get confuseing.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
kd7nfr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2005 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
How so? LOL!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2005 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  

kd7nfr wrote:
Don't tell anyone, but I'm an authorized Eclipse dealer.... .

Most of what you wrote before this post seems to belie this statement, wouldn't you say?.  If you're an "authorized dealer," with what company?  Where are you located?  And why would you not know much about your own represented line?

Support the12volt.com
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic