icon

Shopping for 1500wrm amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
precision sales 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
A lot of what you need depends on the rms and max wattage of the subs and also what price range you're wanting to stay in. There are a lot of good amps out there it's just a matter of your price point and personal preference.
kd7nfr 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Max wattage means nothing. And price range hasn't been decided yet. We're not hurting for money, but if there's some shweet deal, then well go for it. I have a Zapco C2K9.0 sitting here, so yea, I know about quality. Best amp I've ever seen.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
If you're not worried about your budget, the JBL A3000GTI produces an honest and extremely clean 1600 watts X2 @ 4 OHMS.  But it ain't cheap at $4K.   Their dedicated subwoffer amplifier is their BPX2200.1.
Support the12volt.com
kd7nfr 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
$4k for 1600 watts? No... I can get 4-5k from Zapco from that much. Heh. I was just saying, all things considered, we could go for "top-of-the-line", but honestly, we're not looking for that. We're looking for a decent amp for a decent price. But the more we know of the amps in this power range, the better. We'll be doing a system in his Cougar soon too...
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
And following DYohn's lead, the Eclipse DA7232 also is honestly (UNDER)rated at 1000 watts per channel into 4 ohms, and its about 1100 dollars. Most dealers will sell it for less than that, though. I have this amp, and it's a MONSTER!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
And following DYohn's lead, the Eclipse DA7232 also is honestly (UNDER)rated at 1000 watts per channel into 4 ohms, and its about 1100 dollars. Most dealers will sell it for less than that, though. I have this amp, and it's a MONSTER!

... and sound far better than anything from MTX or Hifonics or most other low-to-mid level companies.  Same league as Zapco, IMO.

Support the12volt.com
DYohn 
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  

kd7nfr wrote:
$4k for 1600 watts? .

Yes, because it sounds amazingly good.  You don't just pay for watts, you pay for quality.  I have a 50WPC stereo amp that cost me more than $1K and nothing even comes close in terms of sound quality.

Support the12volt.com
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
I second that Eclispe amp, it is a monster of uber high build quality (know this from taking it apart actually) that is disguised as a nice looking surfboard made out of silver powder coated aluminum. Companies build things to hit different pricepoints. If you are a entry level flashing blue light special KaMeapART kind of customer, Hifonics builds their amps in this price range. If you are after a good amp, MTX is a big step up, if you want to be the man and step up again, Eclipse, Zapco and others are where you belong.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
Crossfire VR seriesShopping for 1500wrm amp - Page 2 -- posted image.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, yes, the Crossfire is a great amp, still not a Eclipse but a great amp that is more than comparable to the MTX.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic