icon

tach wire voltage?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dougie109 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
also "the correct wire shows between 1 to 6 v ac and fluctuates with the idle of the engine"
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
Splice into BLACK / Green @  Coil & program for TACH if needed
Also don't forget Immobilizer
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
dougie109 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
however the books does say oil sensor signal ( default) ? but the place that installed it connected to the tach wire so they said
dougie109 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  

how do i program for tach? the books doesn;t seem to cover nothing about this? what does the immoblizer do?

black /green is what? fuel injector?

Regards

Douglas

tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2005 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
Bobk is right. You have the wrong wire. Look at the injectors. There will be two wires coming out of each one. 1 of these wires will be the same color at each injector. The other one ill not. choose the odd color, and test it. If your meter has the ability to check frequency, set it on that. The frequency will go up with RPM's. Don't worry about the voltage. 1 volt is fine.
Northstart.....or start it your damn self.
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2005 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
Quote dougie109
well see that is where it got interesting.. i says to peel the wire from the tach wire and bind it together.. but i put put it onto a spark plug wire and it works for 3 times starting.. then all of a sudden stopped... i really dont get it.. but just happened..
Did you wrap the alarm wire around the spark plug wire, but instead connected it directly at the terminal?
If you did, that would probably damage the alarm's sensing circuit- Wrapping it around the high tension wire would allow the circuit to pick up the pulses of the ignition through induction, but connecting it directly would subject the circuit to thousands of volts, which I doubt the alarm would be able to withstand- Hopefully that wasn't the case..
dougie109 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2005 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  

tragic. you were right.. put it to the black of the spark plug wire... measured 2.6 when it started.. enough to turn off the starter... works great now.. would just like to personally thank all of you for all of your thoughts.. i app it soo much..

thanks again

Douglas

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic