icon

Valet 561t into 1997 Grand Prix GTP

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mhissticobra 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2005 at 7:00 AM / IP Logged  

I about to order a Valet 561t remote start system for my 97 Grand Prix GTP.  What I want to know is do I need any bypass to make this work with the factory key fobs or to work at all?  When I installed one on my mothers 00 Century, it needed a bypass because the key had a chip in it.  My Grand Prix key has no chip. Also, if someone has a wire color chart for my car I would appreciate it. Thanks!!

-Chris

iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2005 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
New members need to start reading the forum rules and guidelines. The info you requested is available by doing a search. Try "97 grand prix" or look under General info - Vehicle Wiring. No bypass is needed.
Steve G
pss5075104 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
i have a 99 gt and there it did not need a bypass, they are pretty stright forward as far as the wiring.
D
MECP First Class Certified Installer.
Nothing is impossable, it's just more expensive.
mhissticobra 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
Do I need to diode isolate any wires? I am just hooking up a remote start to factory everything.
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  

nothing is need extra except if u dont have factory keyless and want to add electronic truck release to the new key fab.......On vehicles with keyless entry, can also use brown (-) at the trunk release relay to the left of the steering column.  The brain has a (-) channel that can be use for this and be hooked up straight.....if not then u have to use a reley to create a positive trigger to the BLACK/ white at switch.

Where theres is a wire there's a way.
mhissticobra 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  

OK-I am currently hooking up the remote start.  There are some wires I don't know where they go.  Here they are:

Factory disarm, factory rearm, ignition out(to alarm), (-)activation input, (+)activation input.  And there is also a 4pin satellite harness and the install guide just shows a picture of it and doesn't say anything else about it. What is that for? The wires it has are:status output, accessory trigger, starter trigger, and ignition trigger. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

mhissticobra 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
Does anybody know? I am driving around with wires haning from my dash so the sooner the better.
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
mhissticobra wrote:

OK-I am currently hooking up the remote start.  There are some wires I don't know where they go.  Here they are:

Factory disarm, factory rearm, ignition out(to alarm), (-)activation input, (+)activation input.  And there is also a 4pin satellite harness and the install guide just shows a picture of it and doesn't say anything else about it. What is that for? The wires it has are:status output, accessory trigger, starter trigger, and ignition trigger. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

you don't need any of that for a basic alarm/remote start

if your car needs a bypass module then you need the status output wire

redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  

Factory disarm, factory rearm - only needed if u have a factory alarm

, ignition out(to alarm) - only need if u have a seperate alarm

, (-)activation input, (+)activation input. - not needed ...only needed if u have a seperate alarm or something like that (example) if u wanted a push button start in the car or something like that.

And there is also a 4pin satellite harness - only need for ectra relays for extra accessorys and starter and igniton wires....ur car does not need it....just unhook it and save it

use the blue status wire on the brain.....

Where theres is a wire there's a way.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
Except for the factory disarm output which should go to:
Factory Alarm Disarm ORANGE / black    -   DKP 32 pin plug pin 5
Activation inputs are going to be need to remote start. You need some way of telling the remote starter to start up. It needs a few lock pulses in order to tell it to start up as I don't believe this unit uses remotes.
Use negative activation and hook it to:
Power Lock lt. blue    -   driver kick panel
Steve G
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic