the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Valet 561t into 1997 Grand Prix GTP

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  

Activation inputs are going to be need to remote start. You need some way of telling the remote starter to start up. It needs a few lock pulses in order to tell it to start up as I don't believe this unit uses remotes.

Use negative activation and hook it to:
Power Lock lt. blue    -   driver kick panel [/QUOTE]

this is not right....that unit comes with remotes..... that would cause his remote start to start every time the door where lock.....u r going to confuse him....

Where theres is a wire there's a way.
mhissticobra 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

iskidoo wrote:
Except for the factory disarm output which should go to:
Factory Alarm Disarm ORANGE / black    -   DKP 32 pin plug pin 5
Activation inputs are going to be need to remote start. You need some way of telling the remote starter to start up. It needs a few lock pulses in order to tell it to start up as I don't believe this unit uses remotes.
Use negative activation and hook it to:
Power Lock lt. blue    -   driver kick panel

So you're saying that all I have to hook up are those 2 wires (factory disarm and (-)activation).  Yes, this unit does not use a different remote, just the stock key fob.  What is a DKP? Also, how do I figure out which lt. blue wire to tap into, there are a few of them in the kick panel.

iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
redpeppers wrote:
this is not right....that unit comes with remotes..... that would cause his remote start to start every time the door where lock.....u r going to confuse him....
The unit is an add-on to factory keyless system. He has to wire the activation inputs in order to utilize it.
Steve G
mhissticobra 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
Any ideas about the lt. blue wire or what DKP stands for? I hate to be a pain in  the @ss but I really want to get this damn thing installed.
mhissticobra 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
DKP=driver kick panel? - I am a moron.  But I still need to know about the lt. blue wire.
mhissticobra 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
Now I hooked everything up, I turn the car on and the thing wont even turn on, I've checked power and ground and it's all good. Fuses are good, any thoughts?
iskidoo 
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
you need to test the wire with a meter and press the lock button. When it's pressed you will get a negative pulse.
To test the remote start take the negative activation input and touch it to ground for a moment. Whatever the number of activation pulses count is set to in the programming. It may take 1 pulse or 2 or 3. Not sure what the default is. When you have it hooked to the door lock wire you should set it for like 3 pulses. This way it's less likely to be accidentally remote started. If you just wanted to lock the car and the activation pulse count was set to 1 it would remote start each time you hit lock.
Also some vehicles disable the factory keyless transmitter once the engine is running. I'm not sure if you tested that before hand. Start the car and then try using the remote to lock and unlock.
Steve G
mhissticobra 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
OK-I now have the car starting when I press either lock or unlock 3 times on my factory key fob.  - ( I initially hooked the activation wire in to the one in the diagram and it would only start when I hit the lock button in the car 3 times, not the fob.) So now I'm stuck with unlock or lock to activate it.  New problem is when the car starts, the factory alarm goes off.  I hooked up the proper wire shown also in the diagram (ORANGE / black) and apperently it doesn't work. Any ideas? I want to be able to start the car by hitting the lock button because I do not want my car to be unlocked when it starts. Please help!!
iskidoo 
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
Which wire did you hook from the starter to the ORANGE / black. Did you find the ORANGE / black to be pin 5 of the 32 pin plug in the keyless module?
There may be a wire somewhere in the keyless 32 pin plug that provides a negative pulse when hitting the lock button on the remote. If there is one and it's not the lt blue lock wire then you could tie your activation trigger there. Test for negative on each wire while pressing the lock each time.
Steve G
iskidoo 
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.directwholesale.net/diagrams/Images.asp?ImageID=226&link=BULLDOG
Valet 561t into 1997 Grand Prix GTP - Page 2 -- posted image.
This is a picture of the BLACK MODULE, with the LIGHT BLUE Plug that contains the LIGHT BLUE (-) LOCK wire, WHITE (-) UNLOCK wire and ORANGE / BLACK (-) FACTORY ALARM DISARM wire. There are only (2) Plugs on this module a BLACK and a LIGHT BLUE, this LIGHT BLUE plugs will have all (3) wires in it.
Steve G
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic