Delayed relay output?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
icarus_icarus 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  

Here's an update:

I called them up and got nowhere at with them trying to figure out if it was the install or module that caused the 'gowr' wire to quit working... So I pulled out the whole unit and returned it Delayed relay output? - Page 11 -- posted image. I let the store know as well about my experience with the company and they were fine with my reasoning...

Any ideas/suggestions on a decent but inexpensive RS with door lock and trunk control would be appreicated Delayed relay output? - Page 11 -- posted image. I hated to have to pull it all out after doing the work to install it and having all of you help me out with the defrost ideas, but I was too fed up with trying to get a decent solution to this from the company...

xttech 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

Hey icarus_icarus,

Too bad the sale on the CrappyTire CT-3400 is over, I just got it last week for 99bux and Im now working on the defrost idea for this unit on my beater. In general the unit installed pretty good for me and i basically dont have a clue with this stuff. Called them up and tell them you lost their raincheck, because these units ran out at the stores very quick. I got another one online, before they went out of stock before the sale was over. 

I think its a fair unit and has good range.

dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
I haven't installed it yet, but I got the Scytek Astra 1000RS to play around with, and it seems fairly capable. It has a heavy duty relay output for a second accessory line, which you could use for the defrost, if you just splice in another relay inline to control with the available trunk output. That way you have control over it in summertime.
It's been mentioned that the two way remotes on the units are unreliable, but the ones I got are the one way type, and no one mentioned any problems with them, so I figure it should be fine, given reasonable care. Lifetime warranty, though I'll leave it to others to comment on what warranty service is like with them.
I did call the company up with a question on another unit I bought, and they seemed helpful enough; without the brush-off attitude experience you had.
At $42, it fits inexpensive to a tee- Delayed relay output? - Page 11 -- posted image.
Just another option, anyway-
xttech 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  

Hey Dualsport, nice deal on that RS.  I was wondering, it sounds like I have one of these too. This is what it says:

F

GREEN

(+) 30 A 5th relay output

This high-current output can be used to power a 2nd IGNITION or a 2nd ACCESSORY or a 2ND STARTER WIRE. See jumper settings on page 17 for correct output.

I am trying to setup my RS to work the defrost switch on a 85 Olds Firenza, do you think this will be helpful in getting it to work.

dualsport 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
30A should definitely handle the defroster; you might just want to add a control to have it come on only when you select it.
Otherwise, I think it'll come on every time you start, even in summertime.
That's what we were trying to do in this thread, using one of the extra aux controls to switch it on.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  

dualsport wrote:
At $42, it fits inexpensive to a tee- Delayed relay output? - Page 11 -- posted image.
Just another option, anyway-

Sounds like a great deal!  I've been looking for a cheaper, reliable replacement for the four Boa RSs I bought last year and have been completely embarrased by (Here Mom, its a remote start that you have to be INSIDE the car to use!)

Where did you purchase the unit from?  I've never heard of them.  How is the range?

Kevin Pierson
dualsport 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
I got it from buy.com; just search for Astra and a few of their units come up. It's currently out of stock, but they seem to come in and out of stock- might just have to wait a bit until they restock.
The description on their site is incorrect; it doesn't include any alarm functions, if that's something you need.
I can't really tell you about the range since I've only bench tested it and haven't put it inside the car yet, but from what I can tell, it should be decent.
Page of 11

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic