icon

2004 Cadillac Deville, Adding Amp and Sub

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Gilateen 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  

Hey fellas, just got a 04 Cadillac Deville (no bose, no nav system) and I wanted to know if I can hook up a amp and sub without rewiring too much stuff, is that possible? Also, does anyone have a wiring diagram?

I dont know if my car has a factory amp or not. But if the Caddy does have a factory amp, can it replaced?

geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  

If it's not bose, then chances are you have no amp- just tap the rear speaker wires for signal for your LOC (line out converter).  Then use an accessory wire to power your remote lead.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Gilateen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  

How would I be able to amplify the front and rear speakers?

Would I have to disconnect them and run new wires from the amp to them?

Wanted to know that just in case my sub drowns out the speakers.

geepherder wrote:
Then use an accessory wire to power your remote lead.

Run that wire from where? Or would it better to use the Trunk-LOC from PAC? http://www.pac-audio.com/products/loc.htm

ilvwhtgrls 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
the factory amp is behind the rear seat.... from what i remember it will be typical gm colors.
Eye am so re todd did.
Gilateen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
behind the rear seat where? On the bottom, whats is it under?
geepherder 
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  

If this car does have a factory amp, you can get the speaker wires there (unplug the amp, and wire them in).  Just install your amp somewhere in the trunk and run the wires to the factory amp.  When you remove the back seat, you should be able to search the wire loom under the seat and find a pink wire that tests positive with the key in the on position.  I've never used the PAC device that provides a turn on, so I can't give you any advice on it. 

If you remove the back seat (not just the bottom, but the actual seat back as well), you should see it bolted down behind the seat back.

Gilateen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  
geepherder wrote:

If this car does have a factory amp, you can get the speaker wires there (unplug the amp, and wire them in).  Just install your amp somewhere in the trunk and run the wires to the factory amp.  When you remove the back seat, you should be able to search the wire loom under the seat and find a pink wire that tests positive with the key in the on position.  I've never used the PAC device that provides a turn on, so I can't give you any advice on it. 

If you remove the back seat (not just the bottom, but the actual seat back as well), you should see it bolted down behind the seat back.

When you say that do you mean install a new amp? Or run my new amp wires to the speakers wires going to the factory amp?

It seems that I have 3 speakers in the back window ,one might be a factory sub, can that thing be amplified? If not can a aftermarket sub be dropped in? I dont even know what size it is, does anyone else know?

Ive pulled down the backing in the trunk and seen the factory amp on the left hand side behind the seat.

I am going to put new speakers in doors and rear w/amp and 1 sub. I see in the front windshield, there are some tweeters on the side, can I replace the tweeters and front door speakers with components or would i need it to be customized?

geepherder 
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  

I was trying to answer your question as to whether or not you could add an amplifier to push your speakers- which you can.  That would be the easiest place to connect the speakers, since the speaker wires are all run there already.

A factory sub is definitely going to be amplified.  You don't want to simply drop in an aftermarket sub in place of the old one unless it's designed to run free-air, or without an enclosure (box).  You'd also want to use an aftermarket amp to push it.  If you were to do this, the factory sub wires would be the place to get signal and connect your line-out-converter.  I'm not sure what size it is, remove it and measure.

You certainly can put components in the front.  If you do, use the crossovers that come with them, and just run new wire from them up to the tweeters.  You can use the factory wiring for the door speakers.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic