the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Eclipse or Infinity

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  

Here are my thoughts on a single driver system vs. a dual driver system. Two drivers working together tend to smooth out the response. Working together they generally move more air, hence more bass. Working together you do not need to work the volume control anywhere near as hard as you do with a single driver system. Two drivers tend to play louder as a side benefit. Take any two driver system and unplug one driver to listen to the results, they speak for themselves (provided that each sub is in it's own enclosure of course).

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
I understand that two subs are better than one and I would do that if I had the money.  My question is, would one jl audio 12w6v2 have better SQ than two Infinity Perfect 12DVQs or two Eclipse 12" Aluminums?  I know that the 1 jl wouldn't be as loud, but will it sound better and still have a little bump?
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  

In my opinion, no.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
honomichl 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 4:53 AM / IP Logged  

I would go with infinity because i have a Friend that has daul 4 ohm dvc that are 350 watts rms on a Sx1250.1 in a custom enclosure shared air space. Dont know the Cubic Inches. but any ways they sound awesome and at his work got a db meter to tell how loud the work area was in certain places and tryed it in his truck and hit 110 dbs on motley crue turned at 3/4 the way up

He has a Chevy Avalache

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged  
honomichl wrote:

but any ways they sound awesome and at his work got a db meter to tell how loud the work area was in certain places and tryed it in his truck and hit 110 dbs on motley crue turned at 3/4 the way up

Wow! That really rocks.

sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
Haha.
Yea I wanted to throw in here for kicks:
Using a 13w6 mated to a JL1800D... the thing saw 800watts... 300 over RMS and it really wasn't very satisfactory.. I mean it was real clean and all.. but it really, really needed a friend.   
Pairs of woofers just have this *certain* spank....
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
Ham Fist? Dave? Poorman is stirring the pot in the opposite direction again........
There is no such thing as free installation!
honomichl 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
 this was good for my friend and he thought that was good for him and they were very accurate could care less on what you think . But not that Loud I have two Kicker 12 l7 and  a Kx1200.1 class d amp boxed tune at 38 peak or 57 and i hit about 146 av and the best was 150.3
you can't be ahead of the curb if you aren't LIVIN LOUD
honomichl 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  

That is Loud

and really knocksEclipse or Infinity - Page 3 -- posted image.

you can't be ahead of the curb if you aren't LIVIN LOUD
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
well if you want loud go with loud, get 2 subs, but for more of an SQ system you would wnat the jl i only brouhgt that up becuse you said you wanted a SQ system. of course it isnt going to be as loud as 2 infinities but its is going to be more accurate and SOUND better.
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic