icon

Eclipse or Infinity

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
Yea I am only worried about SQ.  If it gets a little loud, then that is a plus.  SQ is my number 1 priority though.
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  

Which is exactly why I recommended the two Eclipse aluminum drivers in nice small 1.25 cu.ft each sealed boxes. No guess work, no my buddy had these, no I read it on a forum, tried tested more than 30 times true. This is the kind of response that you wanted, no? Most users have their favorite brands to use, most dealers can give you a much broader base to make their decision from.

So based on that, consider believe it or not the Lightning Audio Strike series, the German MB Quart Reference series as well, but none of these suggestions will offer what the Eclipse can and will.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  

the 12w6v2 is going to be the best subs that you can get for an SQ system, hands down.

go out and find someone that has one or go to a jl audio dealer and listen to one and then go listen to an eclipse sub. i garentee that the jl is going to sound so much more clear than anything you have ever heard, there is just no comparison.

if you put a eclipse sub and the w6 in your car and powered them correctly then you are going to notice a diffrence in the sound quality, you are going to notice the jl is crisp and clear.

eric holdaway from car audio and electronics said " the best sounding subwoofer i have ever tested for CA&E"

the choice is up to you, it is your call but i think you should listen to a sub before you go buy one, becuse if you have 1 w6 it is going to be clear if you have 2 you are going to get that same clairety just at a higher lever

youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
forbidden's got the idea. id go with the aluminams they are realy good and fit in a small box that is a plus.Eclipse or Infinity - Page 4 -- posted image.
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
tcss wrote:
Ham Fist? Dave? Poorman is stirring the pot in the opposite direction again........
Huh? wha...? Oh, I'm sorry, was I sleeping? LOL
dwarren wrote:

Poormanq45 wrote:
ham fist wrote:
...but 600 watts WON'T be enough...
That's a funny statement.

Here it comes...

Oh, THAT... All I was saying was that I used the 1100 watt analog amp (the 34230) from Eclipse on that same woofer (actually it was the 10" Ti) and it was not even CLOSE to enough power. I bought the DA7232, and WOW... The woofer finally came to life. It was an EXCELLENT match with the 10, but then when I went to the SW9122, it turned out to be an EXCEPTIONAL match. That woofer loves power, and in a small sealed enclosure, you'll need it. That's what's nice about that woofer. It LOVES power, and works well in small sealed enclosures.
I am curious though... why did you think it was a funny statement?
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  

forbidden...  I am not meaning to make it seem like your opinions are useless.  I respect your opinions and information.  Thanks for all your input.  I just want to cover all bases and get as many opinions as possible.  I might go with 2 Eclipse Aluminums, but I am not positive yet.

That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
No-one has useless opinions or questions. Even I have questions sometimes. Even I have differing opinions from others in the industry as well. No offence was taken dude, hope you didn't perceive it that way. Eclipse or Infinity - Page 4 -- posted image.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
Yikes forbidden passed these on to me once as well... here was the rub (disclaimer: I'm really fussy, I'm about to buy 3x10's @88dB/1w/1m and see if I can't nip this Adolescent Bass Addiction once and for all) .... the Aluminums he likes so much have an efficency of like 79dB/1w/1m....   for woofers as silly clean as they are, the output/power they produce really explains a tremendous amount of cleanliness.... they ... uh.. don't make any actual noise.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  

forbidden wrote:                                                                                                                                               no my buddy had these

my freind has a cousin that knows a guy  that has a brother and his freind has those subs and he say they rock.  LOL

audiobhan101 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
sedate 79dB isnt that bad. you know that you wont have boomy bass witht them and they probably hit every note they are given but they defitly wont be loud. and as arrow said he wants SQ not SPL so those might just be for him.
84 Mazda Rx7 GS
4 15" Audiobahn High Excursion
1 2500W Orion Amp
Custom Box
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic