icon

Good RCA Suggestions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ssnds 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
I am looking for some good but not an arm and a leg for my amp rca's. What are some good brands? I will be using three different sets.. but that doesnt matter.. my old system i just had monster.. but i am sure those aren't even mid-class.
SSounds
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
you can go with memphis. they are designed by at&t.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
there was an article somewhere about the quality of RCA cables, yes your cheap radio shack cables might be slightly worse then a name brand, but you will rarely notice the diffrence.
I cant talk much because we purchased a set of stinger expert rca's   $80-$100!!!!! but the ends are a soild metal end, and there is no way to break them off, and I had recently been though a few pairs of others because I just pulled them from the amp and broke them off
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
Monster is OVERRRR RATTED I have seen anywhere from 5 to 80 for RCA cables. you need to know where your running them, if its right next to a power wire, you definatly want the expensive ones, but if it is in a neutral location, the medium quality ones would probably work just fine. There is a local shop around my house that sells some, i dont know what brand they are, but they are tripple shielded, and my friend ran them down his 0 gauge wire with no interference whatsoever. Im no expert, but just keep in mind location, and how shielded they need to be.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
ssnds 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
yea i always run the rca's on one side of the car while the power is on the other side.. in my new case they will be about 2ft apart on the same side.. no problems there that i can see.
SSounds
pss5075104 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
i personally disagree with monster being overated. but i have also been to monster traning's a few times. to an avrage person there might be a little diffrence but to an audiophile there is a world of differance and the tests that they do will show this. but what do i know?
D
MECP First Class Certified Installer.
Nothing is impossable, it's just more expensive.
ssnds 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

so pss.. what brand do you suggest i buy then?

SSounds
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
All well-designed, good quality interconnects sound identical and test identically.  There is no advantage to using very expensive RCA cables, as long as they are well-made and properly shielded.
Support the12volt.com
luckydevil 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
Just make your own if you can solder. The cable and connectors are fairly inexpensive. Star Quad cable is about $1 per foot and decent plugs can be had for about a $1 each. Parts Express carries everything you need to do it.
ssnds 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
great idea.. i dunno tho.. i'll check out the star quad cable. 
SSounds
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic