’01 S10 Blazer Auto Start Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
calee4nyaboy 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
Hi Everybody,
I have done a couple auto start installs before and I'm now doing this 2001 S10 Blazer and wanted to make sure I had the correct wires. I did an extensive test of all the appropriate wires coming from the key cylinder and got a little confused by the results.
First, I'd like to mention that I got three wire charts for this vehicle from three different sources and NONE of them mysteriously make any mention of the thick Brown wire. So I have no idea what the Brown wire is for although it's as thick as the rest of the high current auto start wires that it's grouped with so I'm thinking it's got to be an ACC or RUN wire?
Another thing that has me confused is that from my understanding, an ACC wire should read 12 volts at ACC position and zero volts during crank. And Ignition wires should read 12 volts at run AND during crank. Well the ORG and BRN wire do not do this.
Please see the results below that I got using my meter and set me straight on what I should do.
Wire Color|Key Back|Key Out(B+)|ACC|Run|Crank|Notes
=========================================================
RED - - - - - - - - - - X                     Always On
RED / WHT - - - - - - - - X                     Always On
YEL - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - X   Start Wire
PNK - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - X        12V @ crank
WHT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - X            12V @ crank
ORG - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - X       Dead @ crank
BRN - - - - - X - - - - - - - - - - X       Dead @ crank
Other Info:
- ORG is Blower Motor
- Note that BRN has 12v in the "Key Back" position
Thanks guys!
John
calee4nyaboy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry everybody, I'm having some problems writing in the little chart so I made a picture. Hope this looks better. Notice, for example, that the ORG wire looks like an ignition wire but it's dead at crank....
’01 S10 Blazer Auto Start Wiring -- posted image.
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  

Brown wire not needed for remote start.  Make sure you hook up the white 2nd IGN or will get CEL. 

Passlock2 I believe is on that truck.

calee4nyaboy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
If the white wire is a 2nd IGN, what is the ACC wire? The white wire was the only wire that gave 12v at the ACC position.
Also, what is CEL?
bestbuymn 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
as ohiomike said, your white wire is your 2nd ignition wire and needs to be powered during remote start or you may get a check engine light... some chevy trucks do that. As for your acc question,the orange is the true acc wire that will control blower motor as I see mentioned before. Use this wire as your acc. The thick brown is a radio only acc when the key is turned backwards as you found with your meter, but wont work for the blower motor, that is why it isnt mentioned in the tech sheets dont worry about it. Good luck... i'm sure you also have the proper bypass needed for the passlock II
bestbuymn 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
oh yeah and CEL the ohiomike was talking about was "check engine light".... at least thats my guess because thats what youll get if you dont power the 2nd igntion, but i already mentioned that... hope this helps good luck!!
calee4nyaboy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
Excellent info! Thanks guys.
Actually all the GM cars I did before had I think what you call VATS (pellet in key). But I have never done a Passlock II. The key for the blazer has no pellet. Is there a post on here for how to do passlock II or can someone explain it?
I am very familar with the VATS and tricking the car in thinking the car with a resistor of proper value. So if Passlock II isnt much different then that'll be good.
Thanks again guys!
John
bestbuymn 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
Passlock II is a more advanced GM security... same principal as VATS but the RCODE is now inside the head of the key and is ever changing. You need to buy a bypass designed to "learn" the RCODE and tell the vehicle the code when it asks for it. The part from DEI is a 555L. Your local shops should carry them and instructions are in the box. Good luck again!
bestbuymn 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
also found this link for you in another posting:
http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/accessories/N555L_7-02B.pdf
calee4nyaboy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, you reminded me of something I wanted to ask. As I was probing the wires when I was building the wire chart at the top of the post, I found that I was able to "hot wire" the car.
I wanted to see if the blower motor was in fact the orange wire so jumped a wire from the red wire in the harness to the orange and the blower started. That answered that.
BUT, I was wondering if the car would crank (WHILE NO KEY WAS IN THE IGNITION) if I jumped from the red to the yellow starter wire....well, the car cranked. I didn't leave the wire attached to the yellow starter wire long enough to "start" the car where it is then idling, but the car did crank. Shouldn't the car not have cranked since there was no key in there?
Isn't that what the passlock II system is supposed to prevent?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic