icon

2005 Honda CRV remote start wiring?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crv2005 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2005 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, I am looking to install a remote starter on a Honda CRV(EX) 2005 and I wanted to know if anyone had the wiring diagram. before I get started, I wanted to know exactly what to look for, also would like to install a passkey since i have a factory alarm.  Suggestions are appriciated.

Thanks2005 Honda CRV remote start wiring? -- posted image.

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2005 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
crv2005 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks,

Besides the remote starter, what other components would i need since i have a factory alarm and one of those keys with a chip insde.  I would want to dis/arm my factory alarm and be able to open/close the door locks and romte start the vehicle with the same remote.

wiretapper 
Copper - Posts: 166
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  

Fact. alarm system is a stand alone piece. There's no way around it to use a disarm wire.

You either dump the fact. alarm and install aftermarket alarm/starter combo, or carry two remotes and disarm the system before remote starting. Also the fact. remotes won't work while  the vehicle is running.

I just did an '05 last week that had no fact. alarm. I got lucky.

crv2005 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

What are the HODL3 and the PKH3 for?  I am not sure which one to use with the factory alarm when using a remote starter.  I have read on some posts that you need both, but I am not sure for the CRV.2005 Honda CRV remote start wiring? -- posted image. 

wiretapper 
Copper - Posts: 166
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure about either of those, but the DEI 555HW woks just fine for the transponder bypass.
navigator2004 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  

How do you install a Remote Start Add-on to a Factory Keyless Entry System?  I have a 04 Navigator and a Startnr2 Remote Start with the PKF3 Bypass.  If I ground the Trigger, it starts the vehicle; however, I can't find a Negative Pulse from the Keyless Entry that will allow me to Remote Start the Vehicle.

Thanks,

Kenny

Navigator2004
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
Yo... wiretapper...
Factory disarm is in the door.... test with key in door. At the Driver's door module. The whole "carry 2 remotes" BS is only for installers too lazy to go get the proper arm and disarm wires.   
555HW doesen;t work as nicely as the 556H. The HODL is a doorlock interface..... doorlocks are negative in the kick (think Civic), and the DL piece will also do disarm I believe. The PKH3 should do the transponder bypass.
Gus

Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
crv2005 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  

How about the wipers, how can I cut the power when the remote starter is activated. I do not want to burn the motor.

2005 Honda CRV remote start wiring? -- posted image.

gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
Find the wiper motor, use a relay.
You need to power up both acessories (WHITE/ red, and I believe yellow). Not sure which one the wipers live on, and what else lives on that Acessory circuit... but if it is that much of a concern, find the wiper motor, and interrupt the power to it using a relay running off of a negative second ignition output.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic