icon

nav in 2006 H3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
carstereoman 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2005 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know about the new H3? I am trying to install a Pioneer avic-d1 or avic-n2. Metra has said they have a dash kit and have told me how to modify the GMOS-04 to work in the H3(make a jumper between the to purple wires in the data cable). Does the new H3 have a speed sense wire? Anyone run into any other problems with these? Any help would be awesome!
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2005 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
The VSS is dark GREEN / WHITE at pin 21 of the engine computer in the first connector plug. I haven't seen the new dash kit yet, but I heard there is now one available.
sparky
oddball 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  

Hello carstereoman,

AVIC-D1&N2 are Double-DIN? Scosche GM1595B might be fitted,but I did not try this kit.call Scosche for details. As VSS of H3, no need to wire from PCM.here is solution. your radio has "Auto Volume" at the right side of bottom? If so, just behind radio, there are 2 connectors available, 12way connector pinE is it. If no "auto volume" with radio, just behind passenger's kick panel.you can see flat 22 way connector with lock-tab. A8 is it. As GMOS-04,I never use this interface yet,coz our country has "NO STAR",so I always kill "ON STAR", here is wiring solution of class 2 data serial. First check the connector of Metra. "1A" is pink, this wire should run to vehicle's class 2 data line(purple). your vehicle's RPO is UE1, this is collect. if U2K, there are 3 purple wires from both radio connectors.A1,A2(24way) and G(12way). these 3 wires should go to Metra's pink wire. so soldering or electro-tapping is required. other case is:purple wire is located at A2, just relocate to A1. RPO code is located inside glove box.   GOOD LUCK!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic