icon

A new system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
05honda 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  

I am about to start fiberglassing the trunk of my 05 civic....My only question is should i face the subs towards the cabin or towards the rear of the trunk. I would like to know what the pros and cons of both setups would be....Thanks in advance

Chris

geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
I like fiberglassing into the rear quarters in the trunk and angle the woofers accordingly.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
calculate the woofer sag with this calculator. if the sag is over 5% then you have to point them at a 90 degree angle to keep your subs safe from the pull of gravity.
http://www.accelerator-pedal.com/sag.htm
also read the line that is on there to Adire Audios white paper.
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
05honda 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks but that wasnt really what i was looking for.....The question was should the 2 subs face towards the cabin of my car or should they face out towards the rear bumper...(the subs are going to be in the trunk)..They are both going to be fiberglassed facing the same direction but i dont know what direction...I would like to know the pros and cons of facing towards the front of the vechicle vs. facing them towards the rear of the vechicle....thanks

Chris

dzelaya18 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
Is this in a coupe or sedan? My buddy's '05 coupe beats harder with the subs facing the rear, but my Civic sedan beats harder with the subs facing up, towards the lid of the trunk (thanks jeffchilcott for the advice!).

05honda 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

Its a coupe...but my firend has a system that sounds better facing the rear seats, so i dont know.....i dont really want to face the subs up.....So i was thinking about facing thme towards the rear seats....If i dont face them toards the rear seats I am definatly facing the ports towards tham.....THanks

Chris

dzelaya18 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2005 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
If its a coupe, then your best bet is to face the subs toward the rear.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic