icon

A new system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  

Stay away from Audiobahn.  I haven't really had any experience with Power Acoustic though.  A company like Hifonics might be right up your alley though.

That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
05honda 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  

well thats good to hear.....I think i have decided to go with the 2 12" infinity 1240....I have alos decided to got with the Hifonics ZX1000 2 channel class A/B amp......the amp is rated at 500w per channel at 2 ohms.....please tell me if this would be a good setup....thanks guys

Chris

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  

The wiring configuration you have available will not be optimal with that amp. That amp is rated to produce 500 watts by 2 at 2 ohms. With 2 single voice coil 4 ohm subs, you again, need to get an amp that is stable to 2 ohms bridged or 4 ohm stereo. 

Here this amp is perfect. http://www.cardomain.com/item/PHOR801

05honda 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
Ok now im confuse.....I need to look for an amp that has a good wattage bridged at 2 ohms......Ill look around thanks for clearing that up dwarren ....also what is the highest wattage I should go up to.....600??
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Roughly, you want to match the RMS or continuous power of the subs which in this case is 300. So a mono amp rated at 600 watts at 2 ohms will provide each woofer with 300 watts.
05honda 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
A new system - Page 2 -- posted image.Is this the wiring diagram i want to use?? And also what is the best type of amp..i found a sony and power acoustic amps that are 600Wx1@2ohms for around 170$ are these good amps
dwarren 
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  

Sony and A-bahn are in the same low, class. Stay away from them for they are usually grossly over rated in their power out put and realiability is an issue. Power Acoustic is a Mitek brand that equates to the economy line from that company. Can't budget that phoenix gold up above?

Yes, that wiring config would be used in the situation of a mono amp.

05honda 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah i found that pheonix gold (the exact one for 200) for i think im gonna get that.....Have you had alot of experience with the PG line of amp.....What are the chances that it will over heat....It says its not fan cooled but i dont know if that is an issue....thanks for the fast responses

Chris

dwarren 
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
Not much experience with them, but they do make a good product to dollar ratio in my opinion. Heat shouldn't be a huge issue to so long as there is there proper ventilation around the amp. You aren't stressing the amp with this config.
05honda 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  

aight cool.....I was planning on fiberglassing the 2 subs into the back of my trunk.....I wasnt sure which way to face them tho....should i face them towards that cabin or out the back.....and i wasnt sure where i was going to  put my amp yet either.....what do you have to say about it.....lol that wasnt trying to be sarcastic.....

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic