icon

1999 Cavalier Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  

I'm doing a remote start on a 99 Chevy Cavalier. I've done one on a 2001 Cavalier and if I remember correctly it was one of the worst installs I've done. I think I had a real tough time getting to the wires due to the fact the metal plate covering the ignition wires doesn't come off. My question is the 99 the same thing? If so, does someone know an easier way to access the wires??

Also, I go to www.bypasskit.com to see what bypass if any I will need and it shows some that I have never ever used.. I usually use a GMBP for Chevy vehicles.. Anyone know if the GMBP or PLDATA will work with the 99 Cavalier?

Thanks!

cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
YEah 99 is the same as an 01 as far as getting ot the ignition harness.  What you can do to get to the wiring easier is if you look under the dash next to the drivers kickpanel.  You will see a large bundle of wire running into the engine bay through a big grey grommet.  Slice off the split loom, tape and other stuff and you can get your igniton wires in that spot too.  A lot easier than reaching through the steering wheel.  LAter
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  

Wow.. I hope I can find that. That would be great!!

Thanks for the reply!

cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
tbird2340 wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

No problem.  As for finding it.  I don't think you'll have a problem.  To be honest you'd have to be blind to miss it.

Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
ophidia31 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
cntrylvr79 wrote:
tbird2340 wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

No problem.  As for finding it.  I don't think you'll have a problem.  To be honest you'd have to be blind to miss it.

a second note to add is that its the bundle of wires that is comming down from the dash that has ALL of the wires in it. the one thats lowest to the floor only has a few of the wires you need in it.

mobileworks 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2005 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

If you take apart the steering column, you can unplug the ignition switch and pull the wires back out and then make your connections.  Then just plug the harnesses back in and your good.  Super fast and you don't have to lay on your back to make the majority of the connections.

ophidia31 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
mobileworks wrote:

If you take apart the steering column, you can unplug the ignition switch and pull the wires back out and then make your connections.  Then just plug the harnesses back in and your good.  Super fast and you don't have to lay on your back to make the majority of the connections.

if it doesnt have tilt steering thatd work. but the handle to move the column seem to be glued in there since i can never get any of them out. and thats the major thing thats in the way to getting the shroud off.

tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2005 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
I may have to wire my 451M for 5 wire locks to the Cavalier I'm doing tomorrow. The directions I have for doing so are faxed and I can't read them very well..
Does someone have a PDF for directions or could someone help me out?
Thanks
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2005 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
search for any clifford or dei manual they have the locking systems listed in them
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2005 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
Do you have a link? I've searched for "Dei Manual" and "Clifford Manual" on google and can't seem to find anything..
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic