the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Honda Civic Keyless Entry Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2003 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
Mary, what documents did you need? you can post or email me.  You have the vehicle wire diagram from commando right? This alarm is pretty straight forward. It is true that the manual can have poor phrasing and get confusing, but the simple wire diagram should be all you need for this one.  Try to match up the diagram in the install manual with the wires you need to find in the vehicle wire diagram for the 2003 civic.  if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask. 
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Mary 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2003 at 7:05 AM / IP Logged  

Well, my Dad & I tried installing the system this weekend. Unfortunately it's still not installed. We found the 2 pin gray plug that supposed to control the door locks, but when we tested them we couldn't find a voltage difference during either lock or unlock. Since the wind chill was close to zero and we don't have a garage that's about as far as we got.

I'm willing to keep trying, especially since it's supposed to warm up to freezing. Any suggestions for me?

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2003 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  

If you have a test light, put the clip on a piece of metal, then you can just touch one wire with the test light probe and the doors will either lock or unlock.  or you can just hook up you door lock output to them and see if it works.

the alarm green wire goes to the WHITE/ blue wire, and the Blue wire goes the WHITE/ green wire. 

Ask any more questions you have.

J Rilla
Owner/Installer
AlarmTech 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2003 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
just to clarify, the doorlock wires are not in a 2 pin gray plug, they are in a ~12 pin plug, still gray, but the large main plug on the metal bracket right above the driver kick panel, panel. The wires face up and down, the door lock wires are the last 2 closest to the engine side.
Viper Equipped
Mary 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2003 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  

Brrr . . . too cold and still no garage.

Anyone know of an installer in the Baltimore, MD or Harrisburg, PA area? (Or State College, PA for this weekend?)

Thanks.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic