icon

good combination or bad?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
j0hnd0e 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  

well i tried looking for a  inexpensive system since its a back up but do you guys think this was a good choice ?

i dont need anything better at the moment since i will only  be using this system for  about 2 months. all coments will help. and has anybody heard any thing about jbl amps?? or What could i run 2 kicker L7 with. information about the

well this is what i have right now. is this amp a good choice with the subs

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-a8IzEbty7mv/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=520&I=1081240W              2 subs

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-a8IzEbty7mv/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=178750&I=044QB2124      1 box

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-a8IzEbty7mv/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&I=113KAC9102           1 amp

sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
Uh. Yea that looks like a competetive entry-level setup. A friend of mine has a pair of those in a Civic off a real small MTX amp... hella loud for the 150 watts she has.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
j0hnd0e 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
is it a 150 rms and does she only have 1?? because that would be way under powering so with the kenwood it should be even better
j0hnd0e 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
and do you know what model mtx it is because i havent realy heard anything that great about mtx amps
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
I'd save some cash and get a better amp. If you want to stick with crutchfield, they have a really good deal on this MTX amp right now. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-hIgbhIn4K13/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&I=236T564
It would power your subs perfectly and is a steal at that price.
I would also reccomend just using a ported box if you want it to be loud, instead of a bandpass. pre-made bandpass boxes are not made specifically for your subs so there is a good chance it will sound like crap if you use one. Stick with ported or sealed unless your are building your own custom box.
j0hnd0e 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  

well that band pass box isnt the exact one i have i just wasnt able to find a similar one i have is i figured like a difrent bandpasss box.  the one i have is sealded and ported and i have heard that mtx amps aren't the best. but i will keep looking into it or do you have a mtx amp??

my bandpass box has a clear shell and 4 ports on top if you want to know wich one it was.

j0hnd0e 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
also i was looking for a mono amp thats a four channel do you know of any good mono amp that would run the subs good?  or better then the kenwood would for about the same price or less?
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
mtx amps are nice i would go with them. and a box cant be sealed and ported. it can only be ported, sealed, ext.....
and if you already have a bandpass box FOR the subs you have it will sound good at certain frequencies. unlike a posted or sealed box which has a better response at a wider variety of frequencies. and for those L7's i would go with a ported box. kickers are made to be loud and preform the best in a ported box. and remember the box is made to fit the subs specs. you cant put any old sub in any old box.
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
j0hnd0e 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

well im not sure if the box fits the subs specs and im not sure how i would find out if they do can anyone help me out with this question ill try and find my exact box and post it to see if some1 can calculate if my subs fit the box properly.

well wich amp do you think i should go with the mtx or the kenwood??

youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
aw crap my bad, i didnt look at the links you had
you should use the mtx that customsubaru recommended. cause those subs have a single voice coil so you do not need a 4 channel amp to power them. and the box you put them in can be sealed if you want sound quality, or ported if you want some more bump to your thump
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic