icon

whats louder 3 15's or 2 l7's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  
Who cares what the RMS power rating is..... a 600w sub will handle 600w.... it doesen't put out any wattage. That is the amplifiers job.
I generally follow a 1.5x RMS rule for powering any sub or midbass. If it handles 500W RMS, then I will feed it at least 750w RMS. Little thing called headroom.......
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
Ok first i am wondering where are you getting this under rated idea. I have yet to hear such a concept in good quality modern amps, and not underrated but over rated. The only amp i doubted was a phenox gold and that was because it said it was 2000 watts rms but it had 8 gauge wire terminals. I believe you are confused with terminalog RMS does not mean max power it basaclly means avg power used durring normal play. A sealed encolsure does not make it harder for it to reach its max power handling. I put l7's in a car and we matched RMS, i could not even sit in the car or stand near it my ears hurt so bad and i doubt you will ever play music that loud unless its for a spl compition because of noise ordinance.
alpine_king 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  

yah i have no idea where the under rating is coming from either, like i just bought the new v12 1000 watt rms amp from alpine, and each one is tested individually, and gets its own certificate with what it put out, and mine was 1067 watts at 2ohms, and with 14.4 volts, but they rate it for 1000, i know 67 watts doesnt seem like much, but the way it sounds you are goin in competion or soemthing, so every bit counts

1993 Ford Ranger.
Head Unit.Alpine CDA-9831
Front Speakers.Infinity 6010 Reference Series
Amp.Alpine MRD-M1005
Subs.3 Kicker CVR10
Rear Speakers.SPL CS-573
20" Boss 312's, lowered 3/4
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
alright man hear is what you do you get two kicker l7 12''s and make a pure spl box for it and jeffchilcott can help you with that. he is the main man when it comes to the spl world. and for the amp you should go with as you said JBL they are rock solid amps and have never let me down. there is a web site that jeff can post or give you that has refurbished kicker stuff there that is gust as good if not better then the new stuff. if you could tell use what kind of car you have, how much space you have and the goal you are trying to reach. if you are trying to go competition or gust to be EXTREAMLY loud for road use. you can either go with kicker amps or the in my opinion JBL amps.
Aaron
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
get a rockford fosgate 1001bd and a 501bd and change the stickerswhats louder 3 15's or 2 l7's - Page 2 -- posted image. there same size if your competing heh.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic