icon

04 Explorer RS Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cwagner17 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
I have installed a Valet 562T with a 556UW in a 04 Explorer. Everything seems to be working but it doesn't always remote start. What happens sometimes is when the RS is activated the parking lights flash, ignition and accessory come on and that is it, the starter doesn't even try to crank. again it works 7/10 times.
I verified my connections and haven't found anything wrong. Here is what i followed incase anyone sees a problem:
12 VOLT CONSTANT YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
STARTER RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
IGNITION 1 RED / LIGHT GREEN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1 DARK GREEN/ LIGHT GREEN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
and i have the Blue from the 556 to the Blue/White(2nd Status) on the 562T.
I've installed a couple of these systems and haven't ran into this problem before.
Thanks
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
When it does this is the theft light flashing sometimes when its realy cold the ford keys send out differant signal. Your supposed to be able to freeze the key thats in the box then relearn it to the car. 
cwagner17 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
I don't think the theft light was flashing but i will double check this. This also happened when I had it in the garage and everything was at room temperature(62F). I will try it in the morning after it's been sitting all night in the cold.
Or should I be using the Blue(Status Output)instead of the Blue/white
kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  

It's probably a bypass module problem.  If this is a pellet type bypass module, maybe the signal is only getting to PATS module sometimes, as oppposed to every time.  Try moving the pellet if this is the case.

Keith
chris354 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
If the theft lights not flashing then its not the bypass. Is it set for tach or voltage.
chris354 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
Also make sure you have the purple rs wire connected to the starter side of the start wire and the green to the key side.
cwagner17 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  
I verified that the purple and green are hooked up correctly.
I am using voltage sense.
yea when RS is activated the instrument cluster comes on as if you would turn the key to the on position and it doesn't even try to crank. The theft light comes on then goes off as normal. acts just like if the key was being used.
kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
Have you verified that the RS puts +12V to the starter wire when it's supposed to? Maybe there is a bad relay or something inside the unit itself. Or maybe said wire is not a solid connnection to vehicle side of starter wire?  Check for a good solid ground while you're at it.  Intermittent problems may indicate a bad connection somewhere.
Keith
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
cwagner17 wrote:
the instrument cluster comes on as if you would turn the key to the on position and it doesn't even try to crank. The theft light comes on then goes off as normal. acts just like if the key was being used.
Your problem is right here! The PATS is not being bypass when you are doing the remote start. Get the bypass working first before proceeding any further. Other wise you are wasting your time. If the vehicle is able to crank than the bypass is successful. Once it's cranking, now you can look else where to see if any other connection you may have miss or done incorrectly.       
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.04 Explorer RS Problem -- posted image.
cwagner17 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2005 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
It does crank and start sometimes. Also I can have the key in the ignition and it will not crank with the RS.
I will verify my connections to the 556UW. I am using Red(+12), Black(Gnd) and Blue(activation). Does it matter if I use the Blue or the Blue/White off the 562T? They are both status outputs according to the manual.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic