icon

97 Mercedes C280, Viper 560xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hideo namigata 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  

I am still figuring out the relay diagram for this connection to H1/2, mine is viper560vx but i checked the site at Bulldog to see if I can get some usueful info and it says that this vehcle requires TWO extra #775 relay because this vehicle has dual (+) parking light output:

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/newsite/pictures/instdiagrams/37.jpg

My question is:

1. Becasue I changed the headlamp unit to Exenon and changed the fuse from 7.5amps to 15 amps, it may be safer to switch the jumper from (+) to (-) at the brain

then the relay(s) if required two, which diagrams should i use?, should I use the diagram of the relay as NEGATIVE eventhough the vehicle wire is positive?

IF positive, the diagram as shown in the bulldog#775 correct?

I am confused and I do not want to damage to the brain to the circuit.

Pls help!!

serialthrlla 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
your headlights shouldn't matter. your only using the alarm to trigger the parking lamps..   you can use + or - out of the brain just wire your relays accordingly...   
hideo namigata 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply, serialthrlla

So, what you are saying is ignore the polarity of my headlamp wire at the switch whether it is positive or negative, if I change the jumper to negative at the brain then I should wire the rely diagram as follows?

#1 relay:

Pin #85 & 30 go to +12V constant with fuse30amps                                                         Pin#86 to the brain                                                                                                                    Pin#87 to either right or left of vehicles' parking lite wire at the switch

#2 relay:

Pin#87&85 go to +12V constant with fuse 30amps                                                             Pin#86 to the brain                                                                                                                      Pin#30 to either right or left of vehicle's parking lite wire at the switch

Am I close ??Thanks again                                                           

hideo namigata 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  

bobk, I have already checked the wire at the back of light switch, its gray at positive and I know the default setting at the jumper of the brain is positive so normally all I have to do is nothing, just connect the H1/2 to this wire BUT

1. I have changed the headlight lamp unit as assembly from original halogen with 7.5amp fuse to exnon headlight lamp unit(Bosch-oem) as assembly with 15amps fuse-why, becase with 7.5amp fuse will not lite up the exnon

2. according to the Viper 560XV manual for this H1/2, it says that parkking lite circuit that draws 10 amps or more, the internal jumper must be switched to a (-) lite flash output

3. I understand from the bulldog site this this vehicle is DUAL parking light output

Under this circumstances, I have to switch the jumper switch to (-) at the brain and I have to use two rely but I do not know this 2 relays' exact diagraming-negative? then the pin assignment??

Am i really confused, messed up ?, highly appreciated for your assistance.

hideo namigata 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I messed up with headlamp to PARKING LIGHT and that I should forget about the headlamp, and to be safe that parking light draws more than 10AMPs then I use (-) at the brain and put to a rely with fuse.

In this case, the parking light wire shows positive connecting to the rely, the wiring at the rely will be PIN#86 go to the H1/2(white wire), PIN#87 go to Paking lite wire and PIn#30 go to the 12V constant with fuse. Is this right ?87a is not use and 85 to  the ground

Am I still messed up, sorry for bothering you guys but I really appreciated for your help!!

hideo namigata 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  

Hmmm, Thanks guys and I take it as if H1/2(Viper brain) white wire is a -(negative) then the relay must be such that #1 relay daigram will be 85&30 go to 12Vconstant and #2 realy will be 87&85 go to +12V constant with fuse eventhough the parking lite wire shows +.

May be I should ignore the polarity of the parking lite wire from the car.

Thank you so much guys for feeding me all the info, appreciated so much.

hideo namigata 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
bobk, thanks so much for our help!!, appreciated so much
desh187 
Copper - Posts: 310
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
Your vehicle has a split park light system.find gray/white(+)and gray(+)at headlight switch which are positive leave your park light setting in alarm to +ve ,use two 6amp diodes with band side facing oem wires and connect to each wire.
hideo namigata 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
desh187, thanks. This is new to me. no use of relay will make it easy for connection to H 1/2 wire. Thanks again!!
hideo namigata 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2006 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  

I just thought that does 6amp diodes carry this kind of load, will it be safe and not burn or anything ?, I read something similar in this car security for search " parking light relay".

Iwould it be more reliable to use the relay(s) ?

Anyway, i have not got the 6 amps diodes yet., I am sitll wondering

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic