icon

1999 GMC Yukon Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Craig3708 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  

You said that the remote start was installed by someone else. I think they cheated and bypassed the passlock the cheap way. If the truck was started with the key and then the passlock wire was cut then the security would have been bypassed. The truck would know that the passlock issue happened after the truck was running and would not allow the passlock to stop the truck from starting. The only thing that would be changed is the security light would be on. (if the blub hasen't been removed). If you reconnected this passlock wire and the truck won't start, I would assume that you have a cut key instead of the original. If this is the cause (since the passlock wire has been reconnected) you will have to use the original Coded (resistance) key. 

scarf12 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
hmm maybe that was the way because when i opened it up the ORANGE / black wire was the only wire cut
however... the key is not a cut key and is the original key...
maybe it is working however i am in tamper mode and simply cannot get out of it? thats my guess because i have rechecked everything.
right now i just reconnected the BLACK/ orange and the yellows back to FACTORY and am letting the key sit inside on RUN for alittle bit... hopeing it will do SOMETHING
anyone have any more ideas?
scarf12 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
did nothing
im so frustrated right now, have never run into this problem EVER
this is the 2nd day of the truck not starting because of this damn passlock and I dont understand why it just dosnt want to reset
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
This might be stupid, but are you sure the passlock is the problem? If the security light isn't on or flashing, it may be another problem with the truck not getting fuel or something.
Also, if you haven't done so already I would follow the passlock wires all the way from the key cylinder to anywhere they may have been used for the remote start...the passlock connector has the ORANGE / black, RED / white, and yellow wires, and is a 3-pin connector that goes directly into the key cylinder.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
scarf12 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
it has to be because it was working...
Iv followed the passlock wires as much as possible and I cannot see anything at all.
Any other ideas? im at a total loss at this point
is there some kind of fuse or anything thats hidden for the passlock? or ANYTHING..... im really dumbfounded from this right now and really just want this to start at this point
Craig3708 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
When you turn the key to the on position, do you here the fuel pump running??? If you do, while cranking the engine check for spark. You menitioned that you had blown a fuse, was this a ignition fuse??? Check these things out and post a reply......
scarf12 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
yup again the engine starts and then quickly dies... u can tell the engine is getting fuel and then bam it cuts it..
Craig3708 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2005 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
Then this is a passlock problem, aii I can suggest now is measuring the resistance with the key in the on position, and match it with either resistors or a dip switch unit. This will try and permently bypass the passlock while hooked in line.
Craig
Craig3708 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2005 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
Also check around the steering colmun for a second key. These systems will not read two keys at same time. It will start and stop. Go and get a cut key instead of the original and try it. Please post your results.
Craig
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
The passlock system does not need a special key the r code is generated by the key cylinder so just getting a new key does no good. Does this yucon have the square info box in the cluster if so what does it say when trying to start. If its not saying security I would say its not a problem with the passlock  system. if it is and you have all the passlock wires back together it could be the key cylinder is bad they have quite a bit of problems with those key cylinders. Also somthing else to check is to make sure you removed any pieces to the other alarm and reconected any cut wires so if it had any type of imobilizer with the other system its took off.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic